Chapter 24

Kimberley:

The new year was a lot better with handling myself, my brother that had died birthday was the day before New Years Eve which was a little difficult but I managed to keep my cool; I hadn't really gotten over his death nor had I had help, my family did bereavement counselling but I didn't participate in it. If I couldn't say how I felt to normal people how could I say it to a complete stranger?

I was also ignoring my parents phone calls, but I didn't feel bad about that at all...

One thing I promised myself for the new year was to be happy, so far it was going great because I was living with Aubrey and I didn't work at Complex anymore.

I wanted to focus on my new career approach which was modelling, but also designing clothes. Once I was back in LA I ended up getting signed to Wilhelmina LA and getting an agent, my life literally felt surreal because I was doing things i didn't think I could ever do.

But there was a slight downside.

"What are you reading?" Aubrey came up behind me as I stood in the kitchen.

"Uh, a letter from the court" I turned around to face him.

"Court?"

"Yeah, the Alisha thing"

"What are they saying?"

"That I need to attend court on the eighteenth, what if I to to jail?"

"You're not going to jail" he laughed.

"I'm too pretty for jail, I'll be someone's bitch" I laughed even though I was being serious.

"You know what this means?" He leaned on the kitchen counter in front of me.

"What?"

"You need to call your dad"

"I don't want any help from that man"

"Want and need are two different things, call your dad"

"I can do things by myself"

"He's the only one that can get you out of this"

"You don't think there's other lawyers around here? Can't I hire the woman that Lindsey Lohan has"

"You could, but I feel like your dad is a better option"

"If I agree to speak to my dad, will you speak to yours?"

"What?" He looked confused by my response.

"I know you've been ignoring Dennis' calls"

"Alright, call your dad and I'll call mine"

"Deal" I pecked him on the cheek.

"So I don't even get a proper kiss?" He laughed.

"Nope" I grinned and walked away.

The only reason I agreed to call my dad was because I wanted to fix whatever issue Dennis and Aubrey were having...Plus I didn't really think about the consequences of my drunken actions therefore the idea of court and possible jail time or whatever didn't cross my at all.

Aubrey:

The fact Kimberley knew I was ignoring Dennis did shock me, she's always been pretty adamant on he and I having a strong relationship even though she no longer had that with her father.

While she went out to do God knows what I was rehearsing for the Club Paradise tour that I was going on with Asap Rocky (we had squashed everything), Kendrick Lamar, J Cole, Meek Mill, 2 Chainz, French Montana, Chief Keef, Waka Flocka and Rita Ora.

"You ready for this?" 40 asked.

"Pretty much, I just wanna go on the road"

"Have you told Kimberley about you and Rihanna performing together yet"

"Nah, I didn't think it was that serious...but now you mention it"

"She'll flip, you got yourself a half Hispanic and half Caribbean girl...she's crazy"

"Shit, all I gotta do is control myself"

"You make it sound easy, you can't control yourself"

"I can try" I laughed.

It wasn't really a laughing matter, Kimberley was actually a fan of Rihanna but she knew about a little fling we had a while back so she was a little stand off about me being around her when Kimberley wasn't around.

By time I was done with rehearsal and got home Kimberley was on the phone to her father which was an improvement although she wasn't being very respectful.

"Dad, are you serious? What do you mean I started it?" She rolled her eyes.

"Your stripper daughter started it, I don't care if she has a scar, I've got this shit on my record so either help me or someone else will!" She started yelling down the phone.

"So you're not going to do it because it's not fair? Are you fu-, are you serious? You know what, choose, it's either me or her" she hung up and threw her phone on the counter.

"Are you okay?" I held her in an attempt to calm her down.

"I told you calling him would be no help, he's on a joke ting! He said that he doesn't want to do it because we're both his daughters"

"So he's not going to help you?"

"I don't even know, I don't want his help anymore"

"Baby, just breathe" I held her shoulders.

Kimberley:

"Baby, just breathe" Aubrey held my shoulders.

"I'm gonna be in so much trouble, I've fucked everything up haven't I?"

"What's the worst that can happen?"

"Jail! This isn't the first time I've been arrested for assault while drunk"

"You're not going to jail, I'm telling you!"

"I hope you're right, speaking of fathers ...have you called Dennis yet?"

"I'm going to jailbird, gimme a chance" he laughed.