Chapter 1

"Do you wanna tell the story or should I?" Aubrey looked at me with a humorous expression on.

"We both can" I laughed.

Kimberley:

I am Kimberly Roman. I'm telling my love story, it's not your average heart melting, blood rushing love story. It's pretty weird and heartbreaking to be fair.

It begins in 2011, back in Toronto. Ontario to be precise, I was working at Fader magazine as an editor. I know, im "blessed" to be 22 and that successful, I've heard it all before, I was at my last year of studying (Thank the Lord) And now contemplating whether to move to LA in a few months.

I was getting ready to go to a family get together, by family I mean my mom, dad, brother and random strangers. I am Bi-racial with blonde hair, not too blonde a natural 'dirty' blonde'. A good figure, small waist..some form of an ass.

I wore a white thigh high dress and straightened my hair, my family had greeted me. I was pretty bored until I was tapped, I was about to turn around and give a little Z formation snap, like please don't tap me I am NOT a table edge. Anyway, I turned around to see my old childhood/middle school/high school friend. Aubrey Graham, well he was known as Drake now. This guy was the guy that made me get detention all the time, one time I got my ass grounded because of him getting me in trouble on the degrassi set.

He was a two years older than me, but I knew him from soccer (yes I played soccer), and I ended up getting transferred to his middle school. I haven't seen him since he was nineteen and I was seventeen, that's when I left for school, when I came back everyone told me he went off to L.A. to become a rapper, I've read about him at work, I had to proof read an article on "Young Money".

"Kimberly?" He gave me a puzzled look.

"Aubrey?" I was pretty shocked at how he looked..cute.

"Damn, times have changed!" he laughed.

"For sure, you look well" I must've sounded like an idiot.

"So do you" he looked me up and down.

"How's..things?" I smiled

"Pretty good, you know I'm working on a second album-" he was cut off by a pretty woman, who I later found out was his girlfriend Catya. She came over and kissed him on the cheek giving him the side eye.

"Hey babe..Who's she?" Catya folded her arms at him.

"This is one of my old friends, Kimberly" he gestured towards me.

"Hi" I smiled falsely.

"Um, HI" she put emphasis on the hi.

It was pretty awkward after that, I eventually walked away to mingle now it was getting dark. But then I noticed Aubrey and Catya yelling at each other. This was more entertaining than anything.

I lowered my head and let out a faint laugh, I saw Aubrey approach me.

"Do you wanna get out of here?" Aubrey scratched the back of head awkwardly.

"Do you really think that your girlfriend would like that?" I raised my eyebrows at him.

"Forget her-"

"I'm not about to ruin a relationship"

"She's done that all by herself don't you think?"

"Okay, let's go" I don't know why I agreed, probably because I was bored and stressed.

We drove to a blacked out bar in lower Toronto.

"Hit me again" I beckoned at the bartender.

"Same" Aubrey swallowed the vodka shot whole.

"It's weird hanging with you again" I giggled

"Remember last time we were hanging out we smoked weed out of a bong"

"Oh my God, don't tell my mom that" I covered my face

"I won't.."

"Seeing as you have such good memory, remember the time we were running from that old bitch down the road and you made me fall and scrap my elbow"

"I didn't make you" he chuckled

"I still have the scar" I lifted up my arm to show him.

"You look really good though" he began getting closer to my face.

I looked at his lips and took a step back.

"I know what you're doing"

"What am I doing" he sighed

"Trying to get over the fact you had an argument with your girlfriend, I don't want that Aubrey...can't we just be friends like old times?"

"Yeah" he smiled falsely

"Good" I hugged him.

We spent the rest of the night reminiscing about things we've done in the past together, It was like it was yesterday. Aubrey wanted us to hang out whilst he was in town. We exchanged numbers, when he brought me home I closed the door and sank to floor.

I could've kissed him, I could've gone home with him...why didn't I?

"Baby?" A voice bellowed through my house.

Oh yeah, because of my boyfriend Johnny. I was getting pretty fed up with him..sounds harsh but it is true.

Aubrey:

Trust me to go and ruin that brewing friendship, seeing her was so different. She wasn't the little mixed girl with braces I remember, although I wasn't exactly the same.

She looked GOOD. Not Catya good, better. Harsh but true.

I enjoyed Kimberly's presence, we could have interesting conversation without involving my money and fame.

Catya was arguing with me because because she said I "wasn't paying her enough attention". If I could roll my eyes I hundred times I would.

I'm hoping to see Kimberly again, she's pretty cool.

© 2011 by John Doe. All rights reserved.