Thirty Two

We are finally home. She came home. I basically came home too, I hadn't stay here for a long time. It will take time to adjust again, it will take time to recover from that bad phase we went through.

But we're here. We're here and I'm happy.

I don't care if it'll be awkward. I don't care if we have nothing to talk about. The only thing that matters is that she's finnaly here. With me.

" Maybe I.. I could like.. Go back to Amy's.. Give you some time alone. " she rubbed the back of her neck when we entered the house and sat on the couch.

" What are you talking about? I had enough time alone. " I looked at her. I won't be able to survive if she'll leave me again.

" Yeah but like.. " she stopped. " I don't know.. "

Something is bothering her. And it's normal. We had been apart for more time that we used to be.

" Listen. " I stood up and sat on her lap. " I don't need any more time alone or away from you. I really missed you and I need you to be here. With me. " I finished with a smile and held her cheek with my palm.

She sighed and then nodded.

" Okay? "

" Yeah. Yeah, okay. " she smiled too and rested her head in the crook of my neck, with her arms around my waist and my one arm around her neck and the other one fondling her head.

She put some pressure and pushed my body on the couch. I though she had... something in her mind but instead she stayed exactly how she was, her breath was warming my neck. She kept her arms around my waist. Now I can smell the familiar scent of her perfume. And not only her perfume. The scent of her shampoo too.

By doind this, these small things she shows me that she's really sorry. That she means it. We can't hold a grudge forever, you know?

" Cari? " I heard her whispering.

" Yeah? "

" Do you still love me? " she asked me and I think she could hear that my heart dropped and then starting beating fast.

Does she really thinks that we screwed things up so much that I don't love her anymore?

I looked down at her, she wasn't looking at me.

" What makes you think that I don't love you? "

" Nothing just.. You'll be right if you don't love me anymore. " she sounded hesitating.

" Shannon, I love you with all I have. You know that no one has ever loved you like I do. Do you understand that? " she now looked at me, I smiled to comfort her.

She gave me a small smile too and immediately left a soft kiss on my lips. A slow kiss.

" I love you too. " she said between kisses and then rested her head on my body again.

After staying quiet more a couple of minutes, she spoke again.

" Do you want to have dinner with me? " I smiled with her words.

" Are you asking me on a date? " I heard her laugh that made my heart flutter.

" Would you go on a date with me? " she made it sound better.

" Of course I will go on a date with you. It's been a long time. " I gave her the best smile I had and gave a quick kiss on her lips.

" Let's go get ready then. " she quickly got out of my arms and stood up. I got up too, following her while walking up the stairs to go to our bedroom when she suddenly turned around and grabbed me from my legs, lifting my body on her shoulders.