Thirty One

I woke up early in the morning. Shannon is still asleep. I slowly got her head out of my lap and placed it on the pillow. Alex is probably still asleep.

Shannon cried herself to sleep, like I did a couple of hours before she came here. I was waiting for her to sleep, I didn't want her to have another nightmare. It was terrifying and she was really scared. Did she always had those nightmares while we were apart?

Did she came back because she's drunk? Did she came back because she missed me? Or both?

I made myself some coffee and walked to the kitchen table. I sat and just stayed and looked at her while she's sleeping. I missed this so much. I missed looking at her face every morning when I wake up. But I'm scared that she will leave me again when she'll wake up.

While walking to the kitchen again to grab some extra sugar for my coffee, I accidentally kicked one of the chair. It made a loud voice, it will definitely wake Shannon up. She is a light sleeper.

" Fuck.. " I whispered to myself when I saw Shannon shifting on the couch and then opening her eyes.

" What ha- Hey.. " she awkwardly told me.

This is your moment Cari. She broke you. You broke her. But you need her back. My subconscious told me.

" Sorry for waking you up. " I apologized and walked to the cabites to take the sugar.

" Don't think about it. " she sat on the couch with her hands on her knees. She took her lips in her fingers, played with the awkward and then resting her elbows on her knee again.

Those lips. God, I miss those lips.

" Do you want some? " I asked her, pointing at the mug with my coffee.

" No, I'm good. " she smiled at me but I can't take this. This awkward shit. This is not us. We are never awkward.

I sat on the chair, she was looking at me. When I looked at her she looked away.

" Okay, we need to talk. " I left the mug on the table and stood up. She looked at me while I walked to her way, I didn't sit next to her. I just stood there.

" I'm listening. " her tone was more serious now.

" I miss you baby. " I told her and kneeled down so we can be at the same height. " I miss you so fucking much. " the tears threatened to leave my eyes but I did my best to hold them back.

She just kept looking at me. I rested my palms on her thighs but lifted the one to whip the tears from her cheeks. I hate it when she cries.

" I screwed up. Baby, I know believe me. I broke you and I don't even have an excuse. And I won't even try to find excuses. I hurt you and you can't imagine how sorry I am. " the tears kept comig from her eyes. I didn't bother to whip them, she was crying now.

She suddenly lifted her arm and touched my cheek. Her hand has a bandage around it and I can see it's still bruised. She whipped my tears now, I didn't even notice I was crying.

She still wasn't talking.

" I'm so sorry. I'm sorry I hurt you. I'm sorry I broke you. I destroyed everything and I know it. Please don't cry, I don't wanna see you cry. " I whipped her tears again. " I'm sure you are mad at me. You have every right to be, I don't blame you. But I'm also sure that I can't live another day without you. It's torturous and I can't take it. I can't sleep without you next to me. "

She nodded.

" Please come home. " I begged her and buried my face in her knees, sobbing. " Please baby come home. " I felt her hand on my hair. I then felt both of her hands on my hand, pulling my face out of her knees. She looked at me, cupping my cheeks.