"Can you just give me five minutes?" Stiles asked cautiously, already stepping away from the car.

Lydia turned to look at him, complete bewilderment all over her face.

"I know, I'm sorry, just . . ." Stiles began. "But just stay here. Continue crying or not crying if you want, or whatever works for you."

She looks back at the dashboard, shaking her head in annoyance.

"But just stay here and I'll be right back, okay?" Stiles kept talking. "And then we can talk. About anything. Yeah?"

She didn't respond.

"Sorry, Lydia. I'll explain later. Maybe."
I grabbed Stiles arm and pulled him away before he was able to dig himself any deeper.

"Just five minutes!" Stiles shouted back to her as I continued to drag him away.

I let go once we reached the steps and we both ran inside, making our way to Gerard's office.

Stiles stuck the key in the handle and unlocked it, swinging the door open.

"Alright, go and look for that book, because I really don't want to be in here any longer than necessary," I whispered.

He nodded quickly, rushing over to the desk and pulling open a drawer. He searched through it as fast as possible, before moving down to the next drawer.

"Book, book, book," Stiles muttered to himself. "There's no book."
As Stiles grabbed his phone out of his pocket to send a text, something felt off.

I walked out into the hallway to make sure everything was okay, walking about halfway down the hall. It wasn't okay.

Right there, with all her new found confidence and self-righteousness, was Erica.

"Oh shit," I muttered. I spun around to go and warn Stiles, but Erica was faster.

She grabbed my arm with one hand, and used the other to cover my mouth. I tried to scream, but it was muffled.

Erica leaned in next to my ear, whispering, "Let's go for a little walk, shall we?"

She started walking, pushing me along with her, until we were standing at the door to Gerard's office.

"Hello, Stiles," Erica trilled.

Wanting her to take her hand away from my mouth, I bit her. She shrieked, yanking the hand away quickly.

"Try it again, and there'll be blood next time," I hissed. I wasn't just going to stand here and let her make me the damsel in distress.

Her face contorted in anger, as she shook her hand a little. Not letting go of my arm, she stepped forward and snatched Stiles ear between her fingers, pulling him out of the room.

♡♢♤♧

Stiles groaned in pain the whole trip to the swimming pools, while I quietly let Erica drag me along behind her.

"Ah. Yeah," Stiles said, sounding unpleasantly not surprised.

One look forward, and I could see why. In front of the pool stood a broody Derek, with a basketball in his hand.

"Tsk, good sport, wrong location. Maybe we could take this conversation outside . . . where there are witnesses," I grinned.

Derek's brood somehow seemed to get deeper as he glared at me. "Stiles. Riley."

"Derek," Stiles and I said in unison as Erica let us both go to stand beside the Alpha.

He focused his gaze on Stiles, turning the ball in his hand. "What did you see at the mechanic's garage?"