Chapter #8 Trophy

Being with Toretto is surreal it's like another world. Not having to look over my shoulder every five seconds or worry about cops or anything else, just being free. Dom decided to take me to the beach. Closing my eyes and tilting my head back
I could feel the heat of the sun on my skin relaxing me further. Opening my eyes I see Dom starring at me with an expression I don't recognize. "What, What's wrong." I ask Dom worried I had done something wrong. "Nothing let's go." Dom said turning around and walking over to a giant boulder sitting down. Patting the spot next to him beckoning me to sit he starred out at the ocean waves gently rolling towards shore. Taking a seat next to him I lay back on the rock smiling and start thinking about home.
Dom looks over at me and notices my expression. "Penny for your thoughts." Giggling I sit up and turn towards him. Looking at him for a moment I notice he seems more relaxed. "I miss Miami you know the parties, the races, the waking up every morning and going to my friends house, I miss walking outside and seeing all the neighbors I grew  up knowing, all the familiar houses, I miss it all you know." Dom looks at me and smiles. "I've learned to live life a quarter mile at a time." He gets up and holds his hand out. "Come on I wanna show you the heart of LA."

  When Dom and I arrive at the race everyone crowds around him. Two girls who are barely dressed and wearing heels the length of my arm walk up to Dom who then puts his arm around them. Wow it's like I'm not even here, thanks I feel so special. Annoyed I walk over to were I saw Letty and Mia standing. Letty looks over at Dom and scowls. "I'll handle this." Letty walks and glares at them. Sniffing the air Letty says. "I smell skanks, why don't you girls pack it up before I leave tread marks on your faces." The two girls roll there eyes and walk over to another racer and hang on his arms though seeing by the look on his face he definitely doesn't mind. "Letty I was just talking." Dom tries to reason. "Yeah what ever." Turning to hector Dom starts setting up the race. "Okay, Héctor." He calls. "How we doing this tonight." Hector ask crowded by other racers. "One race, $2,000 buy in. Winner takes all, Héctor your going to hold the cash."
"Why hector?" One of the other racers says. "To slow to make away with the money." Edwin another racer jokes. "Okay good luck guys." Dom goes to get in his car when he's stopped by Brian. "Hey, wait. Hold up I don't have any cash but I do have the pink slip to my car." Jesse, Vince, Letty, Mia, and I walk up to stand behind Dom watching how this plays out. "You just can't climb into the ring with Ali cause you think you can box." Jesse says. Brian points at Vince. "He knows I can box. Check it out it's like this, I lose the winner takes my car clean and clear, but if I win I take the cash and the respect." Everyone but Mia and I laugh. Dom smirks "respect." Brian nods. "To some people that's more important." Dom looks over at Brian's ride. "That your car." Brian nods while Jesse walks over and pops the hood. While Jesse's spitting facts about the car I walk over to Dom. "So you gonna do this or what? Seems like he's put a lot of money in his car to race you." He looks over at me and smirks. "I think he can handle it." He turns back to Jesse. "You see that shit he's got enough NOS in there to blow himself up, period." Brian still has that stupid smile on his face. "So what do you say am?I worthy?"
"We don't know yet but your in. Let's go."

Dom crosses the finish first and everyone goes crazy crowding around him. Mia and I walk over seeing him receive the money. "My sister holds the money. Count it." All of a sudden I'm .being picked up by Dom by my waist. "And your my trophy."

    Dedications
@Crystalmaystyles
@Sugarland
MMismolik2601
@Tonice1243
desigirl57
karelys213
ladyrosesprena
Don't forget to give the like button some good lovin