Leah's POV, the following night

Needless to say, my parents were extremely excited and surprised to see me. It was really good being back in my own bed... I've missed that. Tomorrow night I'm supposed to go out and see some of my friends, but tonight is just going to consist of me relaxing at home.

While I'm sitting here, I check my email. I can't stay away from work for very long, can I?

I notice an email from one of my recent clients we had and I end up doing a little digging and I find out that Aaron is in London again. And after digging even further... I find out that Jennifer isn't with him.

I immediately think of seeing her, but I don't want her to feel any pressure to do anything she isn't completely comfortable with. I don't know why she wouldn't want to see me though?

I try to think about it rationally for a few hours and decide to just do it. I get dressed and track down Aaron's home address and realize it's in a gated community. I get an Uber to drop me outside of the community and literally have to jump over a fence in the dark to sneak inside. I feel like a teenager again...

I find the house and I know Aaron has a security system with cameras covering the entrances of his house, so I'll have to be stealthy with this.

I ring the doorbell and I hear shuffling inside the house. Jennifer slowly opens the door and her jaw drops. I smile at her and she just stands there.

"Hey?"

"Holy shit! What are you doing here?!" She asks and hugs me tightly.

I smile and squeeze her back, "I'll explain in a minute. I need you to delete me from the security cameras." I say and she lets me inside and closes the door.

"I didn't even think about that! Shit, he is gonna know you were here, and he is going to be mad." She sighs and pushes her hair around.

"I can delete it and he'll never know if you take me to the main server..." I say.

She grabs my hand and drags me to a locked door. She bites her nail and looks at me, "he can see when it's been opened..." she says, concerned.

"Would you rather explain why you accessed the server or why your ex-girlfriend came to the house at 11:30pm?" I ask she she quickly punches in a code on the keypad and lets me into the room.

I find a way to reset the cameras and erase the footage of me walking up the driveway and then we leave the room and she locks the door again.

She looks at me for a moment and grabs my cheeks and kisses me. "I missed you." She whispers.

I smile and kiss her slowly, "I missed you too." I say.

She smiles and touches her thumb to my lip and heads towards the kitchen. She grabs two wine glasses and a bottle of wine and points to the couch. We go sit down, talking and drinking for several hours.

"Dare I even ask how you knew Aaron wasn't here?" Jennifer laughs nervously.

"It's better you don't know, I may have cut some legal corners." I tease her and she smiles and puts her glass down.

"Leah." She says and puts her hair back into a messy bun.

"Jennifer..." I mock.

"Please come here and kiss me." She says.

I grin and crawl across the couch and kiss her. Things get intense and I slide both my hands under her shirt and lift it up. I notice she flinches, but I don't think anything of it. I toss her shirt to the side and look at her and my mouth drops.

"What the hell is that?" I ask her and her eyes widen.

She stutters, "it's- nothing. I fell." She tries to kiss me again in an attempt to distract me, but I'm not having it.

"No, what the hell is that?" I ask and softly touch the large bruise on her ribs and side.

"Leah, please..." she whines, cupping my face.

"Did he hit you?" I ask her.

She swallows hard and shakes her head slowly. She grabs her shirt and pulls it back on. "It wasn't like that. He just- he was upset and pushed me. I fell and hit the table." Jennifer explains, looking away from me.

The way she angles her head allows me to see another mark on her neck, a district handprint.

"And this shit on your neck too?!" I ask, getting angry at the sight.

"He was upset, Leah."

"Jennifer... when did this happen? Why? Are you crazy? You should have told someone!" I snap, not believing how stupid she is.

"It- it isn't a big deal. It's not a normal thing. Aaron is good to me and he didn't mean it!" Jennifer gushes.

"I don't care, he should've never touched you, Jennifer. Why are you not doing something about it?!" I gripe.

"He did it because he thought I slept with you." She says.

I get quiet and lick my lips, "I'm sorry. I shouldn't even be here. This is going to get us both in trouble." I say to her and stand up.

She grabs my arm and shakes her head no. "Please don't leave me here." She begs me, sadness in her eyes.

God. I don't want to tell her no, but I know this isn't going to have a good outcome. Me being here is only going to put her more in harms way.