My Little Phantom (Kanato X Reader)

A/N: Sorry in advance if he's out of character, I've never written for him before!

Fluff request from @korneliasierociuk15

-------Song: Don't Be Gone Too Long by Chris Brown and Ariana Grande---

You inhaled the sweet smell of your cherry almond cake baking in the oven and sighed.

I hope Kanato-kun will really enjoy this cake, I worked my ass off trying to find the best cherries for this recipe! 

Heat rose to your cheeks at the mere thought of him, the lunatic had set your heart ablaze in purple flames and nothing you did could put them out.

Kanato was an odd one alright, always different and strange, yet he still had that childlike manner to him that you adored. 

Like the melodies he sung every lonely night, your heart sang along in harmony from afar. His aria simply divine, he had you spellbound with just his voice!

Alas, you were a insular little girl who normally, refused to leave the underground catacombs of the Sakamaki mansion. 

You had been living there for a very long time, since the brothers were merely young teens to be exact.  The Sakamaki's very own little phantom, as Karlheinz liked to call you. 

Their father had caught me lurking near the barrier between the Demon world and the human world, hoping for a glimpse of the other side. 

To make a long story short, he was amused at my existence, the old bastard, and told me to "watch over" Laito in the dungeon.  

I don't think by watch over, he meant torture and haunt, but hey orders are orders and children are children. Heheh.

He told me there was an old grandiose pipe organ somewhere down there, told me to amuse myself with it. I don't know why he told me about it, but hey it was free entertainment, I can't complain.

  Pleasant memories of you haunting the green eyed vampire with such an instrument interrupted your thoughts as you abruptly recalled the first time Kanato came down to see him. 

Timid spirit though you were, you watched from the shadows as someone else other  than Richter and that stank ass woman who reeked of at least 20 men every time you went near her. 

Speaking of said bitch, the person who came down looked exactly like her, lavender hair and all.

I knew that that woman, Whoredelia, was Laito's mother, solely because of how she talked to him. 

She disgusts me, Laito didn't have to tell me about the way she "loved" her son, I could see it in her soul! Tainted with the sin that is incest and adultery, among other things.  

Ah, but it wasn't that unsightly couple that descended the rotten wooden stairs that led to the catacombs, solely haunted by you of course. 

It was your beloved Kanato, though you didn't know his name at first, you were mesmerized by his haunted appearance.

Those violet eyes, that husky, ghastly voice that emanated from him whenever he spoke. You were completely spellbound!

He clutched his teddy bear tight, holding a torch and key in hand. His intentions were unclear, but you followed him closely from behind, your ghastly form invisible to his senses.  

A part of you was tempted to possess that cute little teddy bear he carried so tight that day, just to mess with him of course, but your transparent heart told you otherwise.