Chapter Five

"Yes! It's finally my favorite time of the school day; lunch!" Ash exclaimed with much happiness.

I couldn't help but smile, as I lead Ash to the lunchroom.

"The rule in this school is that you can eat in the lunchroom, or outside. But not in the hallways or classrooms." I explained.

"That seems reasonable enough." Ash said.

We then entered the lunchroom.

"So, where do you normally eat?" Ash asked me.

"Oh, I usually eat outside... All by myself..." I said with a frown.

"Well, you won't be alone today!" Ash exclaimed.

"Ash... Why're you being so nice to me. Everyone else is usually very rude, or just uses me. So why do you treat me differently?" I asked, while looking away.

"I can't explain it, but I feel drawn to you, and it makes me want to spend time with you. Plus, you're a pretty cool dude." Ash said.

Ash's statement left me perplexed. But I'm glad that Ash's reasonings are pure, and not full of evil intentions.

"Do you need to buy lunch?" I asked, when I noticed that Ash didn't have a lunch.

"Yeah. Wait for me, okay? I want to eat lunch with you." Ash said.

"Sure." I said.

Ash nodded, before running off to buy his lunch.

While waiting for Ash, I wondered what he had meant by 'drawn to you.' Just what does that mean!?

A few minutes later, Ash came up to me with his lunch.

"Lead the way!" Ash said.

I nodded, before leading Ash out of the lunchroom.

We walked in silence, as I led Ash out of the school, and towards my favorite spot to sit to eat lunch; a water fountain surrounded by trees.

"Wow, this is so beautiful! I'm surprised that you're the only one who sits here for lunch. Why is that?" Ash asked, as he stood there in awe.

"I'm not quite sure. But I can't complain about having this location to myself." I said, as I sat down.

"You mean to us, right?" Ash asked, as he sat down.

"Yeah... Us..." I said, with a slight blush.

We then began to eat our food.

As I pulled out my lunch, Ash looked at it with a questioning look.

"What's that?" Ash asked.

"This is my lunch." I stated.

"I know that. But what is the food in your lunch?" Ash asked.

"It's some chicken and potatoes... That I made myself." I said.

"Wow! You made that yourself! That looks so delicious!" Ash sated.

"You wouldn't perhaps want some... Would you?" I asked.

"I'd love some! ... If that's okay with you, of course." Ash said.

"I don't mind sharing. I normally don't finish my lunch anyway." I said, while getting a bite ready.

I then gave Ash the fork. Ash happily took the fork, and put the food in his mouth.

I watched as Ash devoured the bite, then smiled happily.

"Clemont, this food is amazing!" Ash praised.