Chapter One

Sigh... Another day at school. Wonder what will await me? Probably bullying, and people cheating off of my work... The usual.

As I was at my locker, getting everything that I needed, I heard an odd message over the speakers.

"Could Clemont please come to the principal's office please?" i heard the principal's voice say.

For a second, I froze in place. Did I do something wrong? I hope not... I try to be a good student; the very best that I can be. So why would the principal want to see me?

After getting everything that I needed, and shutting my locker shut, I headed down towards the principal's office.

While knocking on the principal's office, I was thinking over all the possibilities of why the principal would need me.

"Come in." I heard the principal say, making me jump.

Shyly, I opened the door, to see a student that I did not recognize. He had black hair, a red cap, a blue jacket over a black shirt, jeans, red sneakers, black and red hand gloves, and black-colored eyes.

Wow, he's so handsome... Wait, what am I even saying? Finding a male attractive?!

It took all my willpower to not blush.

"Clemont, this is Ash Ketchum. He's a new student here at Kalos High, and I'm assigning you to him." The principal explained.

"What do you mean by 'assigning you to him?'" I asked, very confused

"I mean that you'll be in charge of helping Ash find his classes and such until he knows his way around the school. Do I make your job clear?" The principal asked.

"Yes sir!" I exclaimed.

"Excellent. You are both dismissed." The principal said.

"Come on, I'll help you find your locker." I said, while opening the door for Ash.

"Okay." Ash said, as he excited the door.

I followed on after him.

"So, what's your locker number?" I asked.

"Number 784." Ash said, while looking at his papers.

"Alright; I'll lead the way." I said, before leading Ash towards his locker.

"So Clemont, what makes this school special?" Ash asked.

"Well, this school has a lot of different clubs and sport's teams... Our team normally wins all of the competitions.... The teachers are very well-educated, and offer different teaching styles for their students... Anything else you want to know?" I asked, after ranting off for a bit.

"No; I think I'm good for now. Thank you. I'll let you know if I had any questions." Ash said.

"Anytime." I said with a smile.

Why am I so happy...? When we arrived at Ash's locker, I held Ash's backpack, while he opened his locker. Only thing... Ash couldn't seem to get his locker open.

"Do you want some help?" I asked.

Ash did not reply. He must've been too focused on getting his locker open.

I then put my hand on his, to stop him. Though, as I did so, I found myself feeling very flustered.

"Ash, let me help." I said.

"Okay." Ash said, before sighing in defeat.

"What's the combination?" I asked.

"Uh... 4.... 37... 16..." Ash said, reading off of the paper.

I nodded, before successfully unlocking Ash's locker.

"Thanks! You're the best!" Ash said, before putting his things into his locker.

I blushed at Ash's words. Why am I feeling so flustered over someone I just met?

"So Ash, what's your schedule?" I asked, so I could figure out how I'd help him to his classes, and still make it to my classes on time.

"Oh, the principal gave me the same exact schedule as yours, so that it'd be easier for you to help me out." Ash explained.

... Well, that's extremely convenient...

"Plus, it makes it so I'm not a bother to you." Ash added to what he had already said.

"Ash, I may have only just met you, but you aren't a bother." I said, feeling my cheeks heating up as I said that.

Ash sighed, before closing his locker.

"So, what's our first class?" Ash asked.

"Our first class is math." I said.

"Alright! Lead the way!" Ash said with a goofy grin.

I nodded, before leading Ash to math class.

When we arrived at class, I pointed to the teacher.

"This is our math teacher, Mr. Yuski. He'll help you with what you need to do to catch up with the class, your seating assignment, etc." I whispered into Ash's ear.

"Thanks." Ash said, before walking up to Mr. Yuski's desk.

I then took my seat... In the very back corner. Sadly I didn't have a window seat, but I'm still glad for the space from everyone. I'm not really fond of the other students here at school.

... Except for Ash...

I then pulled out my notebook, and started on the warm-up problems. As I was doing so, I saw Ash come to the very back, and take a seat in the desk next to mine.

"Isn't this great? Now I can sit next to my best friend!" Ash said with a smile.

This only made me smile back.

"Anything that I need to know about the teacher?" Ash asked me.

"Well, Mr. Yuski is a very understanding teacher. But when it comes to homework... Just don't forget to do it." I said.

"Thank's for the advice." Ash said, before turning to the front, since Mr. Yuski had just started to teach the class.

I also turned to the front, to listen to what the teacher had to say. But... I noticed that my thoughts kept turning back to Ash... Over... And over.... Just what is going on with me?!

Welcome to my newest story, that supports my favorite ship! I hope you'll enjoy this story. If you aren't enjoying the story so far, can you let me know why, so I can improve that aspect of the story? Thanks in advance! I'm currently still writing the story, so if you have any ideas, feel free to let me know. Doesn't mean I'll use it, but if I do, I'll make sure to give you credit. I'll probably update once every week. I'm not going to set a day aside, but I'll make sure to update every week. It may be Saturday one week, then Wednesday the next. It'll just depend on my schedule that's always changing. Hope you can understand. Later, my fellow readers! =^-^=