"And I warned you, like there's only a few times a guy like me can say no to a pretty girl like you," I laughed and rolled my eyes. Joey made himself sound like the most courageous and humblest hero in the world in his version of the story.

"So we didn't have sex," I restated.

"No, we didn't," Joey assured. He came around to my side of the table to pick up my plate. "Yet."

Joey smirked at me as he went to out our plates in the sink. I blushed a little and looked away.

"In all seriousness," Joey came back and sat down next to me. "I think it was a mistake to bring you to that club, and I also should've kept a better eye on you and I didn't and I'm sorry," Joey apologized.

I leaned over and hugged him. We stayed like that for a minute before I spoke, still holding him tightly.

"I really appreciate what you did for me last night, and I hope you know what happened wasn't your fault," I let go and looked him right in his face. "You could've ditched me, went to have your own fun, you even could have easily taken advantage of me last night but you didn't. And because of that, you have my full trust."

Joey smiled at that.

"And what happened could've happened to anyone. I was just at the wrong place at the wrong time," I assured him.

He nodded.

"And... I'm sorry for trying to like... come onto you like all night," I added.

"Hey, in different circumstances, I would've let you come onto me all night," Joey smirked.

Joey winked at me, and my eyes grew wide and my mouth dropped open when I realized the clever, but highly inappropriate innuendo he had just made.

Joey laughed, amused by my expression.

I gasped "Take that back!" I yelled at him while he continued to laughed. I started to laugh along with him.

"Sorry, you like laid it right in front of me I had too, I had too!" Joey smiled.

I shook my head. "Well anyways, I'm sorry for making a fool of myself and I hope I didn't ruin your meeting or anything."

Joey's eyes softened. "Naw," he held my chin up, "you didn't ruin anything, plus your safety was most important to me, but it all worked out."

I was silent for a moment. I admired the features on Joey's face while he held my face close to his. The light was hitting his face just right, and it highlighted his handsome features, like his bright smile and perfect brown eyes. I could see why girls just throw themselves at him at the club. With his hair pulled back, his face looked youthful, and for a rapper, he had kind and gentle eyes.

I stared for too long, Joey furrowed his eyebrows at me.

"What?" He questioned.

"Nothing," I replied, turning away.

"Man, stop doing that," Joey said, getting up to clean up the dishes.

"Make me," I challenged.

Joey smirked and stopped what he was doing. He casually walked around to my side of the kitchen counter I was on. I pretended to ignore what he was doing, but in reality, I was hyperaware to his every move. He walked up behind the stool I sat on, and leaned into my back. I shut my eyes as he leaned down to whisper in my ear.

"You really want to start something, Ayla?" He whispered soft and low in my ear, sending sparks up my spine.

I smirked and said nothing. Joey placed a gentle, but firm hand on my thigh, that was only partially covered by the long shirt he gave me.

He chuckled slightly. "All I'm saying is you shouldn't start something you can't finish," I bit my lip at his challenge, and with that he walked back to the sink.

"So, would you like a ride home or will you come to the studio again with me?" Joey asked, like he didn't just try and put the moves on me.

"Well, I can't really go like this," I said, gesturing to my "outfit".

"That may be true," Joey admitted.

"How about you drop me at home, then I'll meet you back at Dreamville a little after noon?" I proposed.

"Sounds like a plan," Joey agreed.

Joey took me home and I got ready for the day. I planned to meet him at the studio around 1pm.