2.

"Yes I'm sure that you don't need to book a flight down here, I'm fine," I assure my mother on the phone.

"We're just worried about you sweetie," my Dad's voice added. I imagined them standing in my kitchen both trying to hog the phone to hear my voice.

"I know but I promise I will be fine."

"Ok honey we will let you go now-" my mom started, then was cut off by my father, "and call us if you need anything!" My father finished.

I smiled at the thought of them fighting over the phone. "Yeah, and learn how to use FaceTime!" I reminded them.

We said our goodbyes and I started getting ready for bed.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The next morning, I woke up to my alarm and started to get ready. I played out different scenarios of what could happen today, some were positive, some were negative. I decided to wear a flowery blouse and shorts. I picked flats to wear today, remembering how loud my shoes were yesterday. I walked to the studio, and today with little hesitation, I started inside.

Becky, the secretary, looked up at me and smiled. "They're waiting for you in the conference room." She gestured to the right of her, to a room where I could see J. Cole and the other Dreamville artists.

In the conference room, J sat at the head of the table, while the others sat around the table.

"There she is," J smiled at me. "You can take a seat right near Bas," J gestured to the empty chair next to Bas. I looked around and was happy to see my manger, Eric, sitting across from me. "A quick introduction," J. Cole continued, "as you probably know this is the new Ville signee, Aylianna. Ayla, this is Bas, Ari, Cozz, Lute, J.I.D aka Destin, Omen, or as we call him, Damon." They all nodded their heads and smiled while J called their names. "And of course, Eric, Ay's manager," J said. I smiled back at Eric.

"Good to meet you all," I laughed nervously. I looked around at all of them. I know lots about each of them through social media but meeting them all in person was different. I noticed how comfortable they all where, Cozz slouching in his chair, Ari drawing on paper, and Destin, who was obviously zoned out.

" Ok so, we need to discuss to concert order for the Dreamville Showcase this weekend," J. Cole started. "And Ayla, I know we had talked and decided it was too soon for you to preform at the showcase, but I've changed my mind, I think you should do a few songs, even if they are unreleased. That is, if you are comfortable with preforming so soon?"

J patiently awaited my answer, while I held a blank expression on my face. I just blinked, and after a few moments of silence, J shook his head dismissing what he just said. "We'll discuss that later, just think about it."

J continued to explain the agenda for the showcase while I contemplated my readiness for the showcase. Am I ready for something like this? J. Cole must think so, and I trust him. But what if I'm not ready?

"All and all, it's a great experience for you to get out there and experience the stage in front of other artists, get positive feed back, prepare for your tours, and network with other artists and producers," J explained. "That's why I think Ayla would benefit as well," J nodded in my direction, while the others nodded in agreement. I glanced at Eric, seeing that he also agreed.

"Ok, that's all I have, make sure to take a set list and text me if you have questions." J finished.

Everyone got up from the table to leave, but before I left J gently caught my arm.

"So will you consider doing the showcase? I know it is short notice, you can think about it if you'd like," J proposed.

I hesitated, considering it was two days from now I was tempted to say no. Being unprepared stressed me out, but at the same time this is my dream. "Um, I don't know if I'll be ready in time-"

J put up his hands to stop me. "Don't worry about anything, we can get you everything you need in time, and I only expect you to sing one or two songs, I'll have you at the end of the set list, so it doesn't matter how many songs you decide you can sing. Just let me know what you'll be singing tomorrow and I'll set everything up with the DJ."

I thought about it a second and then smiled, "Ok, I'll do it." Eric smiled a reassuring smile.

"Perfect," J replied. "I'll leave you and Eric to talk," if you need anything, just ding me," J said waving his phone in his hand before walking off.

"I already know your asking yourself , 'what am I going to wear?'," Eric guessed accurately.

I chuckled and nodded, he knew me well.

"Theresa has already been working on your tour attire. I will call her to ask about and outfit to wear for Saturday night, Eric assured.

Eric was the one who found Theresa, she's just starting her fashion company now, sometimes she makes things from scratch and sometimes she builds on something she already found from the store. Everything she has given me so far has been perfect.

I smiled, I was beginning to feel excited and less stressed.

"Alright, I'll let Theresa know, she'll have those to you by tomorrow morning. I'll call for a limo to take you to the club. J. Cole has taken care of the rest, anything else you need?" Eric asked.

"No, I think that's it," I replied.

"Alright go home and practice and do your thing," Eric said before walking away.

The rest of the day went by fast, I made some calls to my friends telling them the news, and I talked with Theresa about ideas.

"I'll drop off the three dresses I've finished and some shoes tomorrow morning on my way to work," Theresa told me. "Let me know if there's any problems!"

"Ok thank you so much," I exaggerated. "Will you be there?"

"Yeah girl, Eric came by with a VIP pass earlier today."

I rolled my eyes. Eric knew that I would say yes to this and got everything set up before hand, meaning I really wouldn't have a choice. He really was the best. "Ok perfect," I replied to Theresa.

We said our goodbyes, and I set my phone down and laid on my bed like a starfish. The events of the day ran through my head. A little voice in my head said, this is it, this is the dream.