6.

I heard my phone chime and I instantly smiled and got butterflies in my stomach knowing it was probably Joey telling me he was on his way. I picked up my phone to read the text.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TEXT FROM: Joseph Badass 😋
MESSAGE: On our way 😁

RECEIVED: 6/13/17, 7:15pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
TEXT TO: Joseph Badass 😋
MESSAGE: Ok I'll be ready for you 😄

SENT: 6/13/17, 7:17pm
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I set my phone back down with a smirk and glanced in the mirror once more. I had decided on a short blue and black sequined cocktail dress and silver heels.

I bought this dress one of my first days in New York, thinking I might need it for an event like this

I bought this dress one of my first days in New York, thinking I might need it for an event like this. Also it was on sale so why not?

I soon heard a knock at my door and grabbed my purse and phone. I met Joey outside my apartment door. Joey scanned my body without saying anything, suddenly making me feel extremely self conscious.

I looked down at my outfit then back to Joey. "What? What's wrong? Do I look ok?" I asked now very concerned.

Before answering, Joey offered me his arm, which was covered in a stylish jacket. I hesitated, but then hooked my arm around his as we walked down the hall of my apartment building. "You look so good right now that I wish I could call you my date," Joey finally said.

His comment caused me to smile and blush, and I secretly hoped he didn't see.

"Mhm I thought you might like that," Joey said, as we walked the lobby of the building.

I blushed and giggled more, realizing he knew exactly what he was doing to me. I turned my head away knowing I must have been bright red in the face.

"Don't turn that pretty face away from me." Smiling, Joey reached over and turned my face towards his.

Embarrassed, and blushing uncontrollably, I tried to turned away from his hand.

"It's so cute how I can make you blush like that," he teased, with a hand still caressing my face.

He moved his thumb down and brushed it lightly over my lips. I breathed in deeply and closed my eyes, feeling his touch. He leaned down and whispered lightly in my ear, "it's amazing your reaction to even my slightest touch."

My breath hitched in my throat. With that he gently glided his hand, down my face, to the back of neck and then slowly down my spine, causing chills to run through my body. His hand rested at my lower back, and he guided me out the door to his car. I snapped back to reality, entirely speechless.