chapter 10

Chapter 10:  The reason why.

WHEN YOU WERE A KID, WHAT DID YOU WANT TO BE WHEN YOU GREW UP?”

Every kid was asked that question by their teacher in school. And this entire time, from the beginning of my school years to now, I didn’t realize how important that question was. Yassef asked me this question as if he really wanted to know. Me being jobless and him being incredibly rich after owning a famous furniture company, it really shows how needy I look.

He rocked his hands back in forth with his hands studded into his sweater that he changed into. We walked around twice in a circle around mini-street and we were now on our third round.

“I wanted to be some life saver. Like a police officer or a security guard” I said, “And then I realized those dreams would never come true”

Most of the reason why that would have never happened was because I guess I just wasn’t built to be a cop. My body is too sloppy to be any kind of guard or lifesaver. I barely played gym in school, so that really wasn’t a option anymore.

“And then I wanted to become a doctor for a good three years. I was so determined too” I laughed at that, “That was until I found out where babies come from. That’s when I immediately changed my mind”

He laughed at that, “Funny.”

“Yeah”

This is the calmest it’s ever been. Right when we got outside, we didn’t talk all too much. He asked me a couple of questions and I'd answer. I’d ask him some questions and He’d answer. It went like that for a while until he decided to do something about it.

“What about now?” He asked me, his eyes still facing the nature “What do you want to be now that you need a job?”

“I can’t become what I want to become without going to college,” I sighed “So right now I don’t know what I want to be”

Everything would have been a thousand times easier if I hadn’t dropped out of my other college hat I attended. It was too hard for me to stay there. Leaving was one of the on my choices I had and my mother couldn’t help me any more now that she started getting help from the government after retiring from her job.

And asking Yassef for money would look weird. No matter how weirdly nice he is with me now a days, I can’t ask him because it just sounds and look weird. The only way I’d Ever be able to do so was if I was really comfortable with him.

“What do you want to be just so you can get money for your college?” He sat down on this bench, crossing his legs together on the ground “Or what do you want to be when you go to college and graduate?”

“Well right now I don’t care what I’ll be. I just want enough money to become something in the future” I sat beside him, “And in the future, I still hadn’t decided yet”

“What about a teacher?” he suggested.

“A teacher?”

“Yeah” He nodded “Teachers get to interact with kids. Don’t you like kids?”

“Sort of. But teaching was never something I liked”

He looked at the ground thinking. “Ever thought about becoming a dentist?”

Is he serious? “A dentist? Like a teeth doctor?”

“Yeah. Or an orthodonti—”