2

Cheer practice was a complete fail. Emily couldn't keep focused for her life. The image of a magnificent drawing of a dark brown haired girl with bright green eyes and attractive red lipstick, or herself, was burned into the backs of her eyelids. She almost dropped a girl on her head after spacing out for just a couple of seconds.

"Emily!" yelled Mr. Ross, their cheer coach. "I think you've had enough practice for today."

"No, I'm fine! I can do it this time I swear!" Emily whined for what seemed like the 100th time during the whole practice, but Mr. Ross was having none of it. He ordered Emily off the court and to the locker rooms to get changed early.

Emily huffed in anger and did as she was instructed. She was halfway to the locker rooms when she heard the door to the gym open with its usual obnoxious squeak. She turned around to see it was Justin at the door, he was clearly looking for her and spotted her immediately. He looked extremely shy, despite being 6'5 and well into his 3rd year at high school. The huge hoodie only making him look like a turtle ready to duck at any moment.

Ugh.

Emily rolled her eyes dramatically and, being the very kind person that she was, decided to meet him at the door so his awkward ass wouldn't embarrass her in front of the other cheerleaders.

"What do you want now?" Emily growled lowly, making him more nervous then he already was.

Being the annoying perv Emily expected him to be, Justin's eyes started to roam over her in her uniform. It was her fault anyway! The damn thing was revealing. The pretty white skin of her torso was very much exposed and her legs went on for what seemed like forever. A very obvious red blush started to creep up onto Justin's cheeks and his words failed completely to come out of him when Emily looked at him with those stern green eyes.

In fact, Emily rolled them as high as she could, crossing her arms over her chest. "I don't have all day."

Justin snapped his eyes away, embarrased. "U-um. Sorry. I-I just wanted to get your number so I could text you. You know, about the project." Obviously, he struggled to talk to her but at least he was making an effort. He expected Emily to start cursing him out on the spot but by some miracle she didn't.

"Fine. Whatever. If it'll make you leave. Give me a marker or something."

A small smile appeared onto Justin's features as he retrieved a black sharpie marker for her from his backpack. Emily ordered him to roll his sleeve up and he obeyed happily. Emily rolled her eyes at him.

More and more dark brown freckles appeared up the length of his arm from the skin that was exposed. Emily held his wrist still as she wrote out the 10 digits of her phone number on the inside of his arm. For some reason he was blushing like an idiot again.

She shoved the marker back into his hand. "Will you go away now?" Fucking weirdo.

Justin gave a small nod, a smile staying permanent on his lips, forming tiny dimples in his cheeks. He looked happy despite Emily's obvious harshness. She turned around quickly and stalked away without a goodbye, leaving all of the other cheerleaders staring at her with a who the hell is that? look on their faces.

When Emily was finally back in the sanctity of the locker room, she stripped out of her uniform, putting her usual outfit back on. She was upset about having to leave, but it was her fault for not paying attention when she should have been focusing on cheer moves. Why the hell was Justin drawing her up anyway? That's creepy as hell...or something along those lines. She should have told him off on it but something was holding her back.

She retrieved the black artbook from her bag and quickly flipped to the drawing of her. A nervous flutter occured in her stomach when she realized Justin really did draw this. What could it mean though? Did he have a crush on her? All of the staring and the drawing definitely made a connection.