10

Calum enters somebody's room, he had no idea whose it was as he was on the third floor. The Halloween party at residence was in full swing, before many of them would move onto house parties nearby.

Part of him was still disappointed that Danielle wouldn't be making it tonight, but he was doing his best to forget about that.

Michael was somewhere in the cramped room, but Calum wasn't worried about him, he knew Michael would be fine.

He was only waiting for one person, and that one person was Alyssa.

But she wasn't there yet, so he stood there while sipping his beer, looking at all the girls dressed in the least amount of clothing possible and passing it off as some sort of animal costume or some type of creature related to Halloween. He didn't mind, it's not like it was his choice, it had no effect on him anyways.

Moments later, the door opens and Calum spots Alyssa. He couldn't deny that Alyssa looked good. She looked really good.

As soon as she sees Calum, a smile breaks into her face and she heads straight towards him. He smiles back at her, and her arms are soon loosely wrapped around his neck to hug him. His arms snake around her waist, before they pull apart.

Now that most people that lived on Calum's floor were well aware of Calum having a girlfriend, he knew he needed to be even more careful with Alyssa than before.

"Cal! How are you? Are you drunk already?" She questions, smiling up at him.

"Honestly, I don't think I'm going to drink a lot tonight, I'm too worried about everybody else." He replies.

She giggles as she nods, "Yeah, makes sense. I guess I'll be able to rely on you tonight if I get completely fucked up again?"

Calum also nods, a light chuckle escaping his lips, "You sure can."

"Alright. I'll probably see you in a few minutes, the room isn't that big." She laughs, joining her friends off in one of the separate rooms.

Calum still had a smile on his face, as he watched her go. He always did. She was so happy almost all of the time, she radiates positivity.

He makes his way over to Michael, who was with Cody and Jacob.

"Calum! What's going on, man?" Jacob exclaims, draping an arm over Calum's shoulder.

"Not much, it's weird not being completely drunk with you guys." Calum laughs, watching Jacob chug another beer.

"Then get drunk!" Michael shouts, a small giggle escaping his lips before taking a sip of ha drink.

"I'm gonna pass tonight." Calum replies, and Jacob finally takes his arm away from Calum.

He wasn't the happiest right now, and he knew alcohol would eventually wear off and make him even more upset. Alcohol does that to people, and Calum didn't enjoy that at all. The only time he was happy tonight was when he saw Alyssa.

His mind kept wandering back and forth between Danielle and Alyssa, he had no idea what to do. He was in too deep with Alyssa now to just casually drop the fact he has a girlfriend on her.

Calum spent most of the party in small conversations with different people, he was still somewhat enjoying himself though he wasn't drunk.

When Alyssa finally was back in his view, she quickly spotted him and made her way over to him once again.

"Cal!" She exclaims, wrapping her arms around his one arm, smiling as she held onto him.

"Hey, how are you doing?" He chuckles, smiling down at the girl on his arm.

"I'm kinda drunk." She states, looking up at him with a serious expression on her face.

"Yeah, I figured." He laughs, but soon covers it with a cough when he sees both Jacob and Cody looking over at him.

He pulls his arm away from her and she gives him a confused look. Alyssa shakes it off, and sits next to Calum, where he just sat.

Calum was worried. He hoped everybody would get so drunk that they wouldn't remember Alyssa hanging off of him.

That's the thing here. He's made friends at college, and that's all he's ever wanted. But now it was tricky for him, as he was trying to hide Danielle from Alyssa, while hiding his friendship with Alyssa from his friends. He knew most of them would take him and Alyssa being friends the wrong way.

It was one of the worst things about living in residence. You're seen with a girl once and everybody assumes you've had sex with them. Even if you're taken and no matter how many times you deny it. Everybody is obsessed with each other's personal lives, which seems so childish for people who are meant to be adults.

"Cal?" Alyssa calls, getting Calum's attention.

"Yeah?"

"I think I need to go to bed." She tells him.

"Do you need me to get you there?" He asks.

She nods, "Please?"

Calum chuckles, standing up and she reaches out for Calum to help her up. He helps her, but let's go of her as soon as she stands up. He really did not want anybody to see him touching her, even if it was to just help her stand up.

He leads her out of the room, a small smile on her face as she follows him. They only had to walk down the hall to get to her room. He walked very close by her to make sure she didn't fall or something. She wasn't doing that great.

"Cal?" She calls, opening her door.

"Yeah?" He asks, looking at her standing in her doorway, while he's in the hall.

"A-are you coming in?" She asks, her head cocking to the side.

"I- uh- I think I'm gonna go up to my room. You'll be okay, right?" Calum asks, stepping closer to her.

"Oh. Okay. I'll see you tomorrow, probably, right? I don't even know what I'm saying now right now, I should sleep. Okay, goodnight, Calum." She replies, closing the door.

Calum sighs, running a hand through his hair, hoping that she wouldn't remember any of this tomorrow morning.

__________

wow another chapter that has a part I relate to damn u hang out w a guy until three in the morning two nights in a row and everybody thinks u fucked when all u did is talk about 2000s emo bands I love using the assholes from my friends college as inspiration