Her face turned emotionless as she surveyed me. "I've never heard of a story quite like yours. Your kind only sees humans as toys and slaves. Nothing special. The only feelings your kind has ever felt for them is lust. Not love. Especially not for a human of her appearance."

I knew what Alynn meant by that. The human I had fallen in love with wasn't what you would call gorgeous. She was in my eyes, but to anyone else, she was simply ordinary and boring. She had brown hair slightly below her shoulders and almond-brown eyes that were hidden by plastic, black glasses. She was on the shorter side and didn't necessarily have curves. And if she did, she always made a point to hide them anyway. Always wearing baggy sweatshirts and t-shirts, baggy jeans, and her trademark beat-up Converse.

To me, everything about her was beautiful. Head to toe, inside and out she was absolutely gorgeous. What I felt wasn't lust at all. Just pure admiration and love, which honestly scared me. My kind wasn't supposed to feel this way. Especially for a human.

Alynn was watching me closely with a small smile gracing her pale, pink lips.

"So it is truly love you feel for her?" She asked softly. I gritted my teeth in anger at the thought, but couldn't help the nod I gave in response. Her smile grew slightly and she nodded in acceptance.

"But I won't for long." I spoke coolly, glaring at the bottom of the hill the dainty human just stumbled down.

"What do you mean?" Alynn questioned, alarm creeping into her features. Her smile had vanished.

"This can't go on Alynn. I could get into serious trouble and I can't handle feeling like this any longer. Something has to be done," I turned back to her. She was trying to look calm, but I could tell she was frightened by my harsh, yet serious, tone.

"And just what are you planning on doing Damien? This isn't really something you can control," she tried to reason.

"Maybe not. But it can be stopped. I can get rid of the problem altogether." I was hinting at something and she must've caught it. Her face twisted in horror and she backed away from me.

"Damien, you can't do that. You won't be able to. You love her too much." It sounded as if she were trying to convince herself of it as well as me, however she sounded unsure.

"You can't change my mind Alynn. This needs to be stopped. I am what I am and I'm not going to let some human change that," I told her calmly which seemed to scare her more.

I knew now that she was seeing me for what I truly was. A demon.

"I'll protect her. I won't let you hurt her. She doesn't deserve that. She doesn't even know what's happening. I won't let you hurt her Damien," she repeated with conviction. I noticed the hidden message behind it. She was disappointed. She was going to do what she had to to stop me.

The friendship I felt when I was around her was slowly crumbling. The bond we usually shared was being pulled apart. Separating just like it should. I could finally see how different we were. She cared for every human here. She believed they all had worth. I couldn't seem to be able to think the same way and I knew why. I was raised to believe that humans were of no importance. And until I met my small, innocent human, I believed it completely. I was determined to get back to my normal mindset.

The more I thought about my love for the poor human, the more I thought of how ridiculous it was. She was nothing to me. She didn't even know I existed. And if she was gone, this all would end and I knew that.

I felt my lips twitch up in a sinister smile. The smile of a demon who has made his mind up.

"You can try to stop me all you want Alynn, but you won't be successful. This has to be done. I can't feel this way anymore. It's the only way."

She shook her head furiously. "It can't be the only way! You're not thinking clearly Damien," she stopped and her expression hardened. She licked her lips. That had always been a nervous habit of hers. She took a step back and narrowed her bright blue eyes at me. "If you're actually considering this, then understand that this is where I draw the line. From this point on, we're enemies and nothing else. And I will do everything in my power to stop this ridiculous plan."

I felt my smile dropping at the realization. My closest friend would no longer be with me. I set my lips in a firm line and wiped my face of any emotions. "Understood."

She stared at me for only a minute longer before she turned her back to me. She spread her wings out and flapped them twice to stretch them out.

She turned to look at me. "Just remember Damien. You can try as hard as you want, but love always finds a way to dominate." That was the last thing she said before taking off.

I glared at her as her figure got smaller and smaller in the blue sky. This time love won't dominate. I had made up my mind and nothing was going to change it.

I spread my black wings out and flew quickly to a familiar house. The window was open as usual and I flew in easily. I landed softly and stared at the figure huddled under all the blankets. Her glasses were laying on the bedside table and her stomach was rising and falling slowly as she slept peacefully.

I placed the back of my hand on her cheek gently and sighed.

"I'm sorry it has to be this way. Alynn was right to say you don't deserve this." My voice was barely above a whisper.

This poor, defenseless girl was about to be put through more than she's ever experienced. It wasn't fair to her and I knew it. She was probably the most innocent girl I've ever seen. So meek and humble. Always seeing the best in everybody no matter who they were. I had seen it.

I felt a small sense of guilt in my chest and I quickly pushed it away. I sighed.

"I'll always love you." I said it as quietly as anyone could. I pulled my hand back and clenched it tightly.

I painfully turned away from her and looked out the window. I knew where I was headed next. I had to get permission to come down here in a way where I could be seen and heard. To do that, I had to get my wings stripped momentarily. But it was the only way to get the job done affectively.

I took one more glance back and closed my eyes. I spread my wings and took off without another glance. I was now purely focused on the job ahead of me. It would be tough and trying, but I knew I could handle it. I wasn't supposed to feel anything when it came to death.

I could feel every emotion I felt for the human fading away as I forcefully pushed it out. I refused to let any weak and pathetic feelings get in my way. It was time to prove the demon I truly was.

>~~~~~<

A/N: Hey guys it's Malorie! Here's a new story for you guys and I hope you like it! Remember to comment your thoughts and opinions (: