Chapter Two - "Excuse me! My hair does not look like a dead squirrel!"

Start from the beginning

"You- but why me?" I stammered.

Okay we'll start with the whole new Vivienne tomorrow.

Sean shrugged, tossing me an amused glance. "It's easier than interviewing Jessica, who's running for Prom queen."

Just the mention of Jessica's name sent goose pimples up my arms. She was a blonde cheerleader with a smile that turned heads, a slim waist that could fit into anything and a pair of boobs that could poke an eye out – not that I looked or anything. But most importantly, Jessica was the girl who had made my life a living hell ever since I could remember. Just thinking about her made my blood boil with rage and make me want to hit her in the face.

"Cool," I replied, surprising not only Sean but myself as well.

Way to go Viv! You actually said something normal and you didn't sound weird too.

"So what do you want with your hair?" the hairdresser interrupted.

"Oh, uh well," I mumbled.

Staring at my reflection, I caught a glance at my face and long brown, frizzy hair. My glasses were thick and dark causing my blue eyes to fade away and my nose to look larger than it really was. I sighed. What was wrong with my hair? Obviously I didn't see a need to change it. Think about what Jessica did to you Viv! Don't you want to show her up?

"Something nice, something-"

Sean cut me off. "Cut it, and dye it a different colour."

I frowned at him from the mirror, my eyes meeting his deep hazel eyes.

"I can speak for myself you know and anyways why would I want my hair a different colour? What do you know about fashion and hairstyles huh? Are you-oh my God!" I gasped.

"What?" the hairdresser asked in shock.

"Are you gay Sean?" I asked, wide eyed.

Sean spluttered and the hairdresser began to chuckle like I had just said the funniest thing she's ever heard. She started tearing up and had to wipe at her eyes, all the while Sean's face went from red in embarrassment to red with rage. He was seething and I could have sworn that I could hear his teeth grinding together. The fact that he still had teeth was surprising on its own.

"I am not gay," Sean hissed.

"Trust me honey," the hairdresser laughed, "my brother is not gay."

Did she say that Sean was her brother?

"You're his sister?" I questioned, surprised.

"Sadly yes, but I usually don't associate myself with him. Hasn't Sean told you about me?" she asked.

I shook my head. "Nothing."

"I'm Lily," the hairdresser explained. "I'm studying to become a fashion designer but first I want to be a famous hairdresser."

"And then next month she'll want to be a cross dresser," Seam muttered.

I let out a small laugh, but Lily shushed me.

"We've got work to do, especially on this."

Two hours later and after a lot of protests and cries of pain, my hair was done. Lily wouldn't let me look at myself in the mirror until she was done. God I was nervous. Why should you be nervous Viv? This is just some hairstyle, nothing really more of a change in your lifestyle. Better maybe, oh God! What if Lily cut it all off? What then? I suppose I could pass it off as a new trend, although with my reputation, I was pretty certain I wouldn't be setting any new trends.