Chapter 6: Bonds

The Third person's Pov

"Taiga, this is the last chance. I will challenge you with my full strength, if I lost, we are never brothers." Tatsuya punched on Taiga's face, a bruise appeared on Taiga's face as Taiga stared at Tatsuya with such shock. The destined fight between the tiger and the dragon started with me standing in between them. I held Taiga up with a worried face, Tatsuya had his eyes flaring with seriousness as if he's determined to broke the relationship with Taiga. I stared at the oldest brother, Tatsuya, with wry eyes and decided to speak up.

"Tatsu-nii, are you seriously going to break the relationship if you lose the later match? Whether our skill of basketball, we still thought of you as our great brother-" The attentions of Tatsuya turned to me, as I slightly flinched and stopped at his stare.

"Shiro." He spoke my name in a different tone, as if the kind, gentle Tatsuya, had long forgotten, changed into another person. I froze when he turned away from me.

"For a non-basketball player, this problem is only for me and Taiga, so-" he spurred his head to look back to me, his eyes were as cold as ice, stoic expression plastered on his face and the word his said were like the devil whisper in my ears.

"It's none of your business." He then turned away, leaving the two brothers behind disconsolate.

Why Tatsu-nii, why do you have to be this extreme? Is this the power and confirmation that you wanted?

Taiga had a glommed expression, too absorbed in the conversation that he had with Tatsuya, didn't realize that the younger one was holding him up with a hand over Shiro's shoulder. Taiga, when feeling the weight of his body being lifted, spurred his left side, trying to express his gratitude to the younger teen when he saw the expression Shiro had on his face.

"Thanks, Shiro-" he stopped abruptly and witness the crestfallen expression on Shiro's face. Slowly, Shiro walked with Taiga leaning on him, trying to fix the expression on his face, he didn't speak throughout his way towards the house. Shiro, although expected the two would fight due to the timeline in the manga was written in that way, he never knew that Tatsuya would harshly interrupt Shiro from voicing out his own thoughts.

"I will be in my room." When the both brothers got back to their house, Shiro left Taiga on the couch with an ice bag from the fridge and strolled back to his room. Taiga, who wanted to call out Shiro, sat down with an ice bag smoothening the bruising cheek.

Tatsuya, what have you said to Shiro?

Leaning on the side of the window, Shiro watched the moon with his emerald eye. His eyes are dull and cold, filled with loneliness. Watching the two playing basketball, reminded Shiro the separation with 'her' sister, yet he just ignored the solitude and remains a small smile on his face, until now, after hearing Tatsuya's speech about him being the outsider of this matter, all the emotions abruptly rushed up to his chest, the aching in his heart fasten up, tightening his chest, feeling the deep sorrow of his brother's words. Yet due to the long time having the habitat of restricting his emotion, sealing it deep down in his heart, he was unable to break down and let his emotions out, other than hiding the sadness in his eyes.

Why-why-why....Tatsu-nii why?

~a few days later~

"Are you sure that you're alright?" Taiga, who had his a luggage filled with all his necessary items, boxes of books and clothes were delivered earlier in the day for the preparation to study in Japan. Silently, having his purple headphones over his neck, Shiro followed behind his big brothers back, holding his own luggage.

"Hm." A single response was heard from the stoic juvenile, Taiga sighed. It's been three days from the event happened between Tatsuya and the two brothers, and ever since the occurrence, the youngster had been quite aloof from his family, saying nothing unless it's necessary. Taiga, who eventually knew the things happen between the two, constantly trying to comfort the youngster yet due to his inability to comfort people, he just remains distant from the topic. Despite the occurrence depressed the oldster, Shiro's sudden agreement on joining him to study aboard make him a bit happy. They will be sharing an apartment together, yet due to the intelligence that Shiro process, they will be going to different school. Shiro had a few accepted applications in his hands and decided to choose one of them later when they are in Japan, Tokyo.

Well. As expected as my elite younger brother.

"Shiro. We are going to check in." Nodding his head, he obediently followed Taiga. Shiro was aghast at the event that happens three days ago, as if the words carved deeply in Shiro's mind, he couldn't shake away the words that were spoken by Tatsuya.

"This conflict happens between me and Taiga only, you can't get yourself into this matter, Shiro. You're just a non-basketball player."

Why?

Slightly tilting his head and forcing himself to only look at the ground, Shiro questioned the relationship between him and Tatsuya. They are considered to be great siblings as they always share things with each other. Mio understood the urge to win the younger sibling in order to prove himself that he had the right to be the oldest, and the role model for the youngsters yet is the confirmation that important that he cares less about the relationship of themselves. Shiro tugged one of his hand into his pocket, in his grip, the silver ring jingled under the sun. Whenever his eyes spotted the silver ring, he felt the sudden desolate and bereft.

"Shiro, are you alright? You kept on looking at the ring." Taiga, who finish the check up with his and Shiro's passport, walked back to his younger brother, not far from the counter. Passed Shiro's his passport, he questioned the well-being of Shiro.

"Nee, Taiga-nii. Am I a bother?"

"Huh? What do you mean?"

"....You see, Tatsu-nii told me to get out of the business between the both of you, b-because I'm not a basketball player.... Am I interfering the competition between the both of you? Am I....Am I only an outsid-" Shiro's speech was interrupted by the big hand brushing the crimson hair until his hair become messy and unfixed, Taiga lifted his hand away from Shiro's head.

"Baka~" Taiga smirked in delight, the sunlight behind him concoct the sun in Shiro's heart, slowly drove away from the clouds in his head.

"You're my brother, how will you be a bother?" Taiga's big hand gently brushed Shiro's hair, fixing the messy hair, as he smiled wryly.

"I knew that Tatsuya's speech is bothering you these days, and I knew you need some time alone. But you will never be a bother to me since we are born in the same family. Besides, why would I think that you're a bother, most of the time you helped me a lot. I'm thankful for your existence." Taiga's actions and speech had touched Shiro's heart as Shiro's eye widen in shocked took. The corners of Shiro's lips curved upwards, silently smiled at Taiga exclamation as if Shiro's worries disappeared and returned to his usual smile.

"Thanks, Taiga-nii."

I'm also thankful for your existence.