Chapter 2: Move to America

Shiro/Mio's Pov

"Fwu~ This is making me nervous." I stand in front of the classroom door, nervously waiting for the teacher calling me. It's been a few day that we moved to the States, we moved into a two-story house with a small garden for my mom to do some gardening. Surrounded by the green scenery, my mother walked into the house with a delightful smile. We spent four days unpacking packages and cleaning the house, and the fifth day, my brother and I went to the new school. Nervously gripping my mother's hand, the frenetic brother, Taiga, was silent during the whole trip to our school. In the opposite, I was calm yet slightly excited about our new school. However, I do understand that my brother was nervous due to the fact that he's really bad at speaking English. Communication is the only way to make friends yet in a foreign country, it's difficult to communicate with people if we spoke in a foreign language. Due to my past life memories and intelligence in English, my English improved, comparing to my past life. Understood his nervous expression, I sitting beside Taiga, grabbed his hand and gave him a slight squized. He turned to me and I gave him a small smile while whispering beside his ears.

"Oni-chan will be fine. I'm here with you." Ignoring the fangirling mother at the background, Taiga let out a relieved sigh and smiled. Despite the ambitious, stubborn, outgoing personality he has in the future, he's still a child. It's normal for a child to be nervous.

And now, I'm nervous?

A slightly shivered hand touches the doorknob and open the door, the teacher standing in front of the class smile warmly and ask me to walk towards her. I nod in response and closed the door. The attention of the class had now focused on me which made me shivered slightly.

"Now class, we will have a new student today! He comes from Japan a few days ago and still wasn't familiarized his surroundings. So please take care of him. Shiro, do you want to introduce yourself?" A slight pat on my head made me flinched.

Now it's the time that I should the results of my practice!

"I-I'm K-Kagami Shiro. N-nice to meet you." I nervously look at the class with a shy smile. The class replied me with a cheer and welcomed me with joy, which amazed me.

Third person's Pov

"Shiro!!" A young boy with his dark red hair and spilled eyebrows waved his hands in the air, frenetically calling out for the boy, Shiro. Shiro, with his usual crimson red hair, held his books in his hands, on his way back home. He had been focusing on a novel that he just borrowed from the library. His emerald eye darted around the area when he spotted the young boy, a relieved sigh escaped from his mouth.

I guess he already met Tatsuya and become friends with him.

"What is it, Taiga-nii?" Walking towards Taiga, who is on the street basketball court with a bunch of other boys, Shiro tilted his head, pretending he didn't know the reason that he was called. Taiga held the basketball in front of his younger brother, who doesn't look alike, smiling with great excitements.

"Want to play basketball together?" Shiro, who saw the radiant smile on his older brother's, replied with the same smile yet much cuter that makes the boys surrounding him started to think he as she.

"You know I don't do well with sports, Taiga-nii."

"Just try!!! It's fun!!!" Pondering at the future effects, Shiro hesitated. His sole reason of reincarnation is to protect the golden soul, Momoi Satsuki from any harm. Despite the future of Momoi Satsuki is already set safe, he needs to avoid his existence would make any possibility for the change of future. Tempted by his past desires and Taiga's radiant smile, he resisted and mentally apologized for the offer.

"Instead of playing, I can sit on the bench, watching you guys play." Shiro wore a sly smile and walked to the bench, watched his brother chasing the ball, throwing the orange ball, smiling happily in the court.

That's right. I'm not allowed to change the backgrounds story. I'm just a sub-character of this story.

While they were playing basketball together, Shiro tried to recall his old memories for the basketball techniques. He wasn't gifted with any specialty, nor in future, he can be the same level as his brother, but due to the long-term experience with Mika, a professional player in the past, he has picked up a habit of checking the skills of other players by just looking at them. Although he was never the same level as the Seirin coach, Aida Riko, he was considered an expert in this field. He scanned the players on the court and realized a few of the player have a talent in basketball, however, it's not clearly listed and shown through his scan. He sighed in disappointment and took out the book that he had borrowed from the library.

Since I couldn't be an athlete here, even if I like sports, I'm pretty sure that I'm not going to be good at it, I should focus on widening my knowledge.

In his past, he or she was considered as an average student, with an overall average of 75 percent and was any special in the sport. But now, he had more time to expand his knowledge to this world. He was holding a novel, considered to be a grade-nine level, that was considered difficult for him, yet his stubborn mindset had not let him give up on this book. Even though he had been in his last year of high school in his past life, the English level in Japan and in America was extravaginally different. He sighed at the difficulty of the text and bring out another huge book, the dictionary.

"Why don't you play?" The sudden interruption caused Shiro to shudder. When Shiro turned around, he spotted a young boy, with his gray-black hair fringe swapped to the left side of his eye, and showing his grayish eye with a mole under it. The boy smiled with brightly as Shiro had his eyes widen, recognized the person in front of him is her sister's favorite character, Himuro Tatsuya.

Oh no, I wanted to at least avoid him. Since he's sharper than Taiga, he might find out that I was much knowledgeable than he does.

The kind yet manipulative, cunning man who always wears his poker face stood in front of him with a smile in his face. Shiro constantly sweating as Himuro sat down next to Shiro and held the tip of the water bottle, silently gulping the liquid to cool down his body.

"I heard that you're Taiga's younger brother isn't it?" Himuro turned his attention from the basketball court to Shiro. Panicking, Shiro quickly put on his act.

"Y-Yes. And who are you?"

"Himuro Tatsuya. One of Taiga's friends." He gave the water bottle to Shiro, signaling him that he should drink some water. Shiro held out his hand and grabbed the bottle, drinking the water to moisturized his throat. he expressed his gratitude and introduced himself.

"T-Thank you. I-I'm K-Kagami S-Shiro desu. Nice to meet you." Shyly Shiro greeted his brother's future enemy. Himuro, who is oblivious that it's an act, though he's a shy kid, greeted him with a radiant smile.

"Hm~ Nice to meet you. By the way, what are you reading? I saw you reading by yourself while your brother is playing." Shiro, acting shyly, held up the novel that he's reading. A shy smile plastered on Shiro's face as he explained the details of the book. The book is about a young boy, who lost his identity during a fight between the magicians and the humans, fought his way and survival in the darkness of the world.

"So that's why you're so focused. The setting of the story is pretty interesting." Himuro held the book, peered the book with great interest. His eyes are glittering with excitement as Shiro realized that it's too early for him to be so nervous about the future and his knowledge.

He's still a kid after all. He just wanted to make friends.

"If you want to, do you want to borrow it from me? I have the series in my house." Shiro smiled as the tensed vibe around him disappeared without a trace. Himuro's face immediately brightens up with a smile.

"Really? Can I? Thank you!!!"

Guess I'm too worried about the change in the future....