Chapter 19

Nick's POV

I wake up in the morning then look around the bedroom I look at the picture of Amanda next to the bed for a few minutes then walk into the living room. I walk in and see Mal sleeping on the couch, last night didn't go well and so far, this wasn't going the way I hoped it would I walk over then sit down and wake her up she sits up then looks at me. "We need to talk, Nick this has been awkward for both of us I don't think that you're ready for this and I understand if you're not." I couldn't lose her I needed her I reach over then hold her hand and look at her. "No I am ready I just didn't think about the pictures and the house this made me realize there's still a step that I need to take, it's time for me to start over in a new house with you and Landon I want to be happy with you. I'm going to put Amanda's things way for Adam when he gets older." She looks at me then lays her head on my shoulder tonight would be a lot better.

Mallory's POV

After breakfast Landon goes outside in the yard to play with Nick while I change Adam then I take him outside and we sit down in a chair. Nick walks over and sits down with a smile on his face I look at him "You're in a good mood this morning." "Let's go house hunting together. This will be our house everything will be us we can keep a few pictures of Amanda in Adam's room what do you think?" I was surprised. I Couldn't believe that he was willing to do this for us it shows how serious he was about our relationship "I'd love to we can go tomorrow." He smiles then kisses me. I kiss back and he pulls away "I love you." he walks off the porch and goes back to play.

Nick's POV

Mallory and I meet with a local realtor so we can start house hunting I knew that we would need a place with privacy and space so I decide that a private community would be better for us. The first house we go to is upscale but it wasn't anything too showy we go inside and start looking around I watch Mal as she walks through with Adam in her arms. The realtor starts telling us about the school and park nearby I liked the house and neighborhood it was perfect for our small family but with plenty of room to grow with mine and Mallory's own children I listen to Mal talk about how she wants to decorate and what should go where. I was glad we made this decision to move I needed this starting over I didn't need the old house to remember Amanda she was with me no matter what. A new life with someone should be in a new home I was really excited about this I couldn't wait to start my life with Mal.

Mallory's POV

Nick and I had been shopping for furniture for the new house for hours I was exhausted we started this morning it was now late in the afternoon. I was never going to go furniture shopping again it was too tiring if Nick ever decide to do this again I would kill him. I was happy to be doing this but it was a lot of work to start getting the new house ready when we're loading things in Nick's car he wraps his arms around my waist I look at him he smiles. "I'm glad I'm doing this with you Mal I can't wait to start this together." I smile then kiss him and wrap my arms around his neck he kisses back then wraps his arms around my waist I couldn't wait to do this either.