"Alpha, I can assure you Luna will be fine. She needs to sleep and rest for a week, it's only a side effect from the mark." A woman's voice spoke gently and caring. The next sound is a door closing before complete silent. They were speaking of me, but I feel fine just sore. Not wanting to open my eyes, knowing Xerxes is in the room. I wanted some time alone before going all rogue on him.

However, he did not leave the room. I felt the bed sink down beside my head. A hand touched my hair, stroking it with caring and adoration. Sparks just ensured me of who it is, but it did not help my case. I wanted him out of the room, giving me a break to breathe. But, he kept coming back almost choking with the scent and feeling he brought me.

When he is not around, I felt confident, strong and powerful but that all went away as soon he arrived. He took it all away by only being in the room, and it scared me. Made me feel insecure.

The hand kept touching my hair, pulling a few pieces from my face. It made me sleepy and comfortable. The warmth of his hand is like a blanket, it wrapped me around it and placed me in dreamland. Amy is here with me, laying on her back with her tail tucked between her legs and eyes closed enjoying the peace and company with our mate.

Lips touched my forehead, barely but enough. It lasted longer than the last time. A knock on my door interrupted him. He pulled away slowly before whispering "come in".

I kept my eyes still and close along with my breathing. I do not want them to be suspicious of me. "Alpha King, their test result came back. I think you want to look at them." The lady's voice from last time said. Heard him not respond, meaning he probably only nodded since the door closed again.

Thinking he was going to walk away and follow the lady but I was wrong. He dropped his face into my neck, smelling me before whispering into my ear "mine" with a soft growl and walking out. I had trouble sleeping afterwards.

Later that day

I had been in the library for three hours, thinking about how I could block him out of my head. If I could not escape him, at least I could try blocking him. Thankful, there is a library in this house. After he walks out, I waited ten minutes before taking off the bandage and went straight toward liberty.

I got lost a few times but after half an hour I found it. I have been reading multiple books trying to find the answer to my question, I felt lost and defeated and I am sick and tired of feeling this way. I had to be strong for my family, I am getting out of here no matter what.

I kept reading books, but the numbers of them were in a different language, Italian is one of them. However, I found a picture with a word above saying "mindlink". Sadly, the library did not have an Italian dictionary.

"You won't find anything" a male voice appeared behind me. I jumped seeing Xerxes standing in the doorway arms crossed, looking at me deeply. He often did that.

"How do you know what I am looking for?" Closing the book. I sat on the floor surrounded by piles of books and paper. He smirked and pointed his finger at his head, I sigh. He walked over, stepped over the books and kneeled in front of me. Ignoring his appearance, I am cleaning up my mess.

A hand grabbed my jaw forcing me to look at him. I tried to escape his hold but hearing him growl I stopped. "I have to tell you something" by the sound of his voice it meant unwelcome news as if I need any more right now. I am still healing from the mark which is less than twenty-four hours ago.

"What?" I tried to sound calm. He is the reason for my depression right now. "The doctor found something interesting in your blood" he stopped halfway, releasing my jaw and standing up.

I rubbed my jaw after the hard hold. Not surprising if a bruise appeared by the end of the day. I only looked at the floor and books around me, waiting for him to continue.

"What is your parent's name?" he asked instead of telling me the unwelcome news. I only frown and arch my eyebrows. "what do my parents have to do with anything about my blood?" He sighs, scratches his hair and hands down his face. He is stressed. "Just answer the question".

"Ace and Melody Summer, again why?" what is going on? Amy had the same feeling as me, something bad is coming.

"Your DNA does not match Ace or Melody Summer," He said looking at me for a reaction, an outburst but nothing. I was too shocked to think. I open my mouth multiple times yet nothing came out. "Wh-ha-at?" I tried to stay calm but failed desperately and visibly. My hands start shaking and heat came back to my body, he is lying. He had to, there is no way. He is a monster, that is was he does lie to everyone.

"I am not lying, kitten. They are not your biological parents"

How? When? Why? There are way too many questions in my head, causing a headache to emerge. I felt betrayed.

"No, NO! you are lying! That is what you do! You're a monster!!" I yelled at him while standing up. I had my hands into a fist, ready to fight him if I had to. Seeing my rage, he only chuckled. "Yes I am a monster, but I am speaking the truth. And if you do not believe me, ask Maya" he suggest, raising his shoulders like it was no big deal.

I only nodded to him, not trusting my voice or him. He starts walking and guided me through the hallway passing guards and servant people.

Everyone bowed their head to us, whispering "Alpha King, Luna Queen". It felt weird being called Luna Queen, but since the jerk ahead of me marks me I had no other choice.

We continued to walk downward, further away from any social life. The hallway is dark, tight and light blinking constantly. Light bulbs are flickering like a star soon to die. The scent made me sick, it smelled like vomit and death. I think we are in the dungeon where they keep their prisoners.

After five minutes of walking in the long hallway, we arrived at the end with a huge steel door. Xerxes stopped in front of it, found his keys and open the door. Both outside and inside the door were four guards, guarding whoever it is in the cell. An enormous prison cell with silver bars. A werewolf cannot stand silver, it hurts and you could die.

I saw a shadow inside the cell, leaning onto the walls. However, the scent of the person shocked me. How could they treat her like this? I run toward her, thinking I could save her but I have pulled away and into a warm chest.

"Do not be reckless" he whispered, kissing my mark. I shiver, biting a moan away and struggling against his hold.

"T-ti-a-a?" a woman's voice interrupted us. "Maya" I let the name out with my breath.