Chapter V

Luretica

"How do you know?" I asked her nervously and turned around. I wanted nothing more than to just run. "It's too late now," Amy said even happier. "Go out," Amy said with excitement and wiggle her tail. "No" I answered her quickly.

"Get your ass out or I will force you!" did she threaten me? "Damn right I did!" she growled at me. "No, I refuse. We are leaving" I said firmly and ready to run down the stairs and out. She did not say anything for a few minutes. What was she doing?

"Miss me?" It's only been two minutes...Longest vacation I ever had. "You wish, but no" she only smirked at me and laugh. "What did you do?" I asked her. "Well, let's just say it was not my tail I was hiding behind," she said and went silent, waiting for my reaction.

I gasp. She snitches on me. I need to get out of here. I ran down the stairs with werewolf speed, not caring if they heard me. I could hear shouting and screaming from above. But, I cannot focus on them now, I needed to run faster.

I ran out the door and into the woods. Since my wolf does not like my decision of running away from our mate, she refused to let me use our werewolf strength anymore and I am left with human speed.

Great, just what I need.

Another luck of mine is my dress and high heels. It is almost impossible to run in this outfit. While running I kick off my shoes and tear my dress up making me run easier and faster. Yet, I hear footsteps behind me and howling.

Why are there so many behind me? My thoughts went wild with curiosity. I know I am going to be caught, but I do not want to down without a fight. They were close now. Amy has not said a word this whole time.

Will he like me? Or would he reject me? "He is not going to reject us" while she is talking, I got detracted and fell over a log.

Did she do this on purpose?

I blocked her out, tried to stand up and keep running. However, when I stood up a sudden pain in my left ankle caused me to fall, again. I quickly crawled behind a big oak tree.

The footprints became louder and clearer until dead silent. I knew they were probably twenty ft away. I hated the silence, no animals, river or wind made a noise. Whoever followed me into the woods scared the animals away.

I grew more nervous by the second. I closed my eyes and used my werewolf hearing, trying to get a better image of what is happening. I would hear six heartbeats except for my own. While waiting, I looked at my injured ankle. Moving my hand to touch the bruise that is forming, but was stopped.

A hand grabbed my wrist. Multiple sparks and heat entered my body. I slowly looked up to meet light and icy blue eyes. He started at me coldly. I did not know what to make of it and looked down my wrist instead.

Pain flew through my body and into my heart as I felt rejected. He looked at me with such a hateful look. I hear him sight and order something in a different language.

Then he grabbed my jaw roughly making me look into his eyes. He is beautiful and breath-taking. He has black short hair, few curly hairpieces fall onto his forehead. His jaw is sharper than a knife. Defined prominent cheekbone. Bushy strong eyebrows and a sharp nose, he looked like a god. I wonder what he thinks of me. I look hideous compared to him.

I studied him further, he is very muscular and tall. Probably, 6.5 feet tall while I am 5.5. He is wearing black jeans with a white t-shirt. His black boots were covered in dirt, leaves, and blood. Blood? I looked at him again with a question mark on my face.

His hands were still on my jaw causing sparks to fly further into my body. I got chills and started to shiver. It is cold and the red dress did not give me much warmth. He sense it and he took his other hand around my waist pulling me close to him.

I struggle against him trying to escape his arms. He growls at me and stands up with me in his arms. I probably look like a lost puppy in his eyes. My eyes widened, He was taking me back? Why?

"I do not care as long as we are with him" Amy purred wiggling her tail. She is in heaven. I ignored her and tried to struggle more, but failed. He growls louder at me and tightens his grip on me.

All birds flew away from the woods leaving us in silence. Our heartbeat echoed through the woods leaving it the only sound in the woods. His scent calmed me down and made me feel safe. He is not interested in having a conversation with me, I thought while looking around.

Then a sudden his hands left my wrist and grab my waist. He lifted me and started to walk. I decided to start a conversation since the silence became awkward. "what's your name?" I shyly ask looking around our surroundings. He only looked at me for a few seconds before looking ahead again and ignoring me. I feel hurt and rejected once again.

Maybe he did not want me.

He continued to carry me in silence for thirty minutes before we arrived at the mansion. The mansion looked the same, however, this time there were guards everywhere. What was going on?

He walks towards the door still me in his arms. Every guard we passed looked at me with widened eyes. Since he did not tell me his name, I nickname him giant. Giant growled at the guards that stared at me making them look straightforward in fear.

He put me down in the hallway and slightly pushed me inside the ballroom. Without looking at him, I walked into the ballroom ignoring the fact that my mate did not want me. I felt the tears trying to escape, wanting to release the pain but I did not allow it. I did not want him either.

The inside of the ballroom is a mess. Women were crying, dead bodies lying around and blood on the walls. I hurried around seeking my friends hoping they were alive. I found them on a couch crying and holding each other.

However, I only saw Lily, Jasmin, and Harper. I run towards them letting my tears shader this time. When they saw me running towards them, they bolted up and screamed with joy. They all hugged me tightly. I cried and laughed in happiness knowing that we are together again and I am not alone anymore.

"Luretica where were you?! We thought you were dead or taken!" Harper whispered. "I escaped the ballroom and ran into the woods," I said. "I knew you were not dead" Lily happily said hugging me again.

"What happened here?" I asked the three girls fearing that they were hurt. They looked at each other before Jasmin opened her mouth. "I don't know when you ran away, but after the president was killed everyone freaks out. We did not trust the guards and thought they were going to kill us.

The blood on the walls is from the president's guards and those warriors in black killed them." I am thrilled to hear that they were not hurt, however, who are the warriors in black and where Britney is?

"Where is Britney?" I asked. Lily gave me a questioning look and said "did she not escape with you? And why did you come back?". I am taken back and said

"no, she did not escape with me and I came back because of my -" Doors busted open and my mate walked inside.