Five: The pinky promise

^^^Amaryllis and her bunny

I stared at Arthur. I swear, if that stupid twisted boy dares tell anyone, I will kill him personally.

Huffing, a purple bunny appeared in my hands. It was something I always kept in my space, the run-down purple rabbit might not have seemed like much but it was the most precious thing Mother gave to me before her passing. She said it would lead me home one day, wherever that is.

Arthur and Varyllis seemed surprised. But weirdly enough, Eshai didn't appear to contain any curiosity or surprise... Does that mean he's already aware of my magic? That shouldn't be possible, only testing crystals have the ability to tell someone's stats—though they have a restriction, generally only able to see mana—but even they only belong to the richest. Only elite schools will generally buy them, not your average ones.

Eshai couldn't be that rich... right?! Please tell me it's not possible, such an idiot having the money to buy a testing crystal... Especially one that displays attributes.

I sighed, turning towards Arthur with worried eyes. 

"You won't tell anyone, right? I'll never forgive you if you do, pinky promise it!" 

~~*~~

ARTHUR'S POV:

I was shocked, the sweet angel had just asked me to pinky promise her! How adorable is that, I have never met another noble who would ask that... This just makes me love her even more, I'll not allow another man to be with her!

In reply to her cute statement, I nodded. She escaped the fairy woman's arms and came over to me. Though I seemed calm and collected on the outside, I was internally panicking! Do I smell good, is my hair okay and please tell me my hands aren't too tough!

This was a huge deal! It was going to be our first physical contact, something sacred!

And when both of our pinkies were out, she linked them.

Her hands were more than I thought they would feel like—soft like clouds. Her pale and delicate skin looked so pretty and felt so nice to the touch. Everything about her, every small detail was beautiful! By this stage, I figured out there were going to be many rivals for her hand—possibly even her own brother! 

She smiled happily, straight pearly teeth on display. I felt a strange liquid rush to my nose. Raising my hand, I brought it down only to see a red liquid. Blood! How embarrassing!

With a red face, I ran off.

~~*~~

AMARYLLIS POV:

After the blue-haired prince ran off, a few more... words were said between Eshai and the fairy—Varyllis. He was the first to leave, somehow sneaking a quick kiss on my cheek before disappearing with his long-forgotten panther spirit beast.

Varyllis had said some words to me, promising to protect me before the white light appeared again and she disappeared.

Now I was alone, and by the sounds of it, the ball was over.

Thank god. I ran to my room, changing into my nightgown and going to sleep with the purple bunny tucked safely in my arms

~~*~~

A month went by in a flash and I haven't even found a trace of the man or the fairy woman. They seemed to have disappeared off the face of the earth. How strange, but life must go on.

Father and called me and Onii-chan to his study which got me wondering why? If he ever called on us to his study, it was only for the utmost important things which concerned our entire lives, so why was he calling us here?

On the way there, I picked up Lucian from his room and we went together.

As I was about to barge in, Father opened the door. "Hello my precious children, come have a seat, Daddy has something important to tell you." My head tilted and I looked inside, instantly my hand tightened around Lucian's own.

No... No... No!

This can't be happening! Why... Why is she here?!

Sitting on one of the plush sofas in Father's room sat a beautiful woman, silky black hair was held up in an elegant bun and dark chocolate eyes stared coldly at Lucian and I.

^^^Her

^^^Her...

This was her... The villainess' evil stepmother. A woman only concerned about her own gain and what she could accomplish and own with the Argonda kingdom's riches. She was the original reason why the villainess of the game turned evil, which then affected everything!

Not only that, by the time of their death, she had already spent half the kingdom's money on her pampering and greed!

The purple bunny Mother had given me once again appeared in my hand as I took a seat. I held it tightly, frowning at my Father who seemed to be sweating.

"W-well kids, I umm, I have something to tell you." His voice was shaking as he spoke.

Lucian spoke with a cold voice: "Hurry up and tell us. Procrastinating won't do anything for your case." I nodded, agreeing with his words.

"Well you see here kids, I am getting married to this woman, her name is Lady Caroline. She'll be your mother from now on..." I sensed depression in my Father's voice, I knew it. The Council had pressured him into taking a woman as Queen and had presented this evil woman as his wife.

How disgusting, I'll kill them one day.

Lady Caroline smiled sweetly, but they didn't reach those lovely eyes of hers. "My my. What... adorable children you have Luci dear, I can't wait to take them in as my own." Pathetic woman, I'll repay you horribly for this!

To express my anger, I picked up the crystal champagne glass that was in front of Caroline and threw it at her head, only narrowly missing. 

Brown eyes were filled with shock before they turned stormy. "How... How dare you! Who do you think you are brat, I am the future Queen as well as your mother and you still dare do this! Since you don't have any courtesy towards your elders, I will teach you!" Father paled at her words and Lucian pulled me towards him. I just poked my tongue out.

I turned to Father, unconcealed hate in my eyes. But I knew, this was not his decision. Father would have never betrayed Mother by taking in a new wife. He only loved Mother and certainly not this snake.

I would make her life hell, I promise you, Mother.

~~*~~

THE END OF THE CHAPTER.

Amaryllis' evil stepmother has appeared, stupid snake. Grab your pitchforks and torches, my friends, we're hunting evil!

That and this is my 3rd full chapter today. Just for reference—all chapters are approximately 1000 words excluding my A/N's at the end. Sorry for the constant point of view changes, I thought they were kinda necessary.

Thoughts? Comments? Feel free to share!