Part 7: Prefectural Tournament

[Name]'s POV

I wake up to the slow and repetitive sound of a heart monitor. "The hospital? Why am I here?" I look down to see an IV in my arm and blood running through it. "[Name]?" a weak voice says and I look to the side to see my mother and father. "You're awake," my mother covers her mouth and cries before gently taking my hand in hers. "What happened to me mom?" I ask and her eyebrows furrow. "You don't remember?" she gasps and I shake my head. "You were found in the ocean barely breathing and freezing cold," dad tells me and my head starts to throb and snippets of memories hit me.

"Rei," I state and my parents look at me. "I went out to save Rei and then I was separated from him and knocked out," I begin to recall and my heart rate starts to speed up. "T-then I woke up in the middle of the ocean with no land in sight. At some point a boat came and these two people helped me," I say quickly and my mother grips my hand. "Calm down [Name], you're hyperventilating," she stares at me with worry and my breathing becomes fast pants. Nurses file into the room and they kick my parents out before sticking a needle in me making me go out cold.

~

My eyes open and the annoying sound of the heart monitor hits my ears again. "How are you feeling?" a guy with a physician coat on asks me. "Peachy," I grumble and he shakes his head with a small chuckle. "You're body temperature tells me differently," he says and shows me a number. "31 degrees Celsius," my eyes widen realizing how bad that is. "You're temperature should be 37 degrees Celcius," he tells me and I gulp. "Hypothermia," I whisper and he nods his head. "Luckily 31 was what you were yesterday, your temperature is back up to 35 and you'll hopefully be at 37 tomorrow," he smiles at me and I look down in silence.

"You're friends are out in the waiting room, you can go visit them if you want to," he tells me softly and I nod my head. "By the way I'm Dr. Fernandez," he helps me out of the hospital bed and hands me the mobile IV. I test out a few steps and frown at how much I'm stumbling "You're body is weak from being cold but you should be back to normal in a few days," he tells me and I glare at the ground. "What about swimming?" I ask and he gives me a soft look. "You can't swim for at least two weeks," he says and my eyes widen. "What?! No!" I yell and he rests a hand on my shoulder. "Calm down, if you listen you'll get better faster which means you can go back to swimming quicker. Don't think I don't recognize the name [Name] [L/Name], I knew that your first concern would be swimming," he chuckles and leads me out to the waiting room.

"Go ahead, I'll be back in about fifteen minutes to take you back to your room," he smiles and I slowly walk towards the groups of people sitting in the corner. Makoto, Haru, Nagisa, Rei, Gou, Seijuro, Rin, and Aiichirō all are sitting down in complete silence with a blank look. "Oi! I don't like how depressed you guys look," I giggle and their attention snaps to me. "[Name]..." Makoto gasps and I'm suddenly pulled into someone's chest. The person doesn't say anything and I look up to see Haru with tears trickling down his cheeks "H-Haru," I whisper in shock and he buries his face in my neck.

"W-we thought you were dead. When we got back to the island Gou told us that you weren't there and that's when we thought that you were floating out at sea...dead," Makoto stands up with tears in his eyes. "You were all alone [N/N]..." Nagisa looks down, his blonde bangs casting a shadow over his face. Rei suddenly stands up and walks over to me with a sorrowful look "I-I'm so sorry [Name]. If it wasn't for me you wouldn't be in the hospital," he chokes out and suddenly Haru raises his head and sends a dagger-filled glare to Rei.

"Haru!" Makoto shouts at him and places a hand on the raven-haired males shoulder. "Stop. We all feel the same way towards [Name] but this isn't only Rei's fault. I was there and I even saw [Name] get dragged under the water but I was too shocked to do anything," he admits and I shake my head. "No it's not any of your faults. Don't blame yourself for any of this and don't blame the others either," I tell them when someone rests a hand on my shoulder. "Do you know how scared the three of us were when that guy handed you over? You were barely breathing and you're body was shivering," Seijuro whispers and I look at him, Rin, and Ai.