Chapter 13: Bloodbath

Start from the beginning

"Right, my turn. What was the most wicked thing you ever did?" Ethan asked. The question seemed to have phase Kai because he stopped spinning in the chair and tensed up. Ethan and I quickly glimpsed at each other before looked back straight at Kai. "Pass," Kai quickly replied.

My eyebrow rose, "Pass?" I questioned.

Kai nodded his head, "I don't want to talk about it. Maybe in the future I will but not now," he mumbled.

Ethan nodded his head, "Fair enough. I'll ask a different question then," Ethan stated and Kai silently thanked him.

As Ethan started to think of a question, a buzzing came into my hearing and I recognized it as Rio. He quickly landed on my shoulder and started to buzz really fast making it hard for me to understand him.

"Slow down," I stated to him.

"What?" Kai asked causing me to quickly look at him. My eyes widened at how stupid I was forgetting Kai didn't know anything and talking to Rio out loud when Kai is around.

I looked at Ethan who had his eyebrow raised. "I was just telling Ethan to slow down. Like take his time thinking of a question," I lied with a smile. Kai hummed in response and I looked over at Ethan who was just eyeing me curiously.

I got up from my bed and gave them a both smile, "I'm going to use the bathroom real quick," I lied before quickly dashing out the room before they could respond. Instead of going into my bathroom, I walked out my room and down the hall into the other bathroom. Shutting the door behind me, I turned the water on. Rio flew off my shoulder and started to fly in front me.

He started to buzz away and I listened intensely as to what he was saying. Turns out some shoot out is happening and Hazel got hurt and is bleeding. I felt my heart drop as Rio said it looked like a slim chance he was going to survive.

"How did you even make it through the rain Rio?" I asked. He started buzzing some more saying it was hard to make it through the rain but it was all for Hazel.

I let out a sigh knowing I had to get to Hazel. "Alright, lets go. Hide in my hoodie. I'll tell Ethan before we leave," I mumbled. Rio flew behind me and laid in my hoodie. Shutting off the pipe, I opened the bathroom door and walked back down the hall into my room.

As I walked into my room, I could hear Kai and Ethan just laughing at some joke they made. Walking in, they both looked at me and smiled. I casually smiled back and looked directly at Ethan.

"Mom wants to talk to use for a second," I lied. Ethan nodded and hopped off the bed before making his way over to me. I looked over at Kai who had a worried look on his face. "Is everything okay?" he asked. I nodded my head, "We'll be back in a minute," I replied.

He hummed in response and I walked out the room before closing my door. I looked at Ethan who had a curious look on his face.

"So what did mom want to tell us?" he asked as we started walking down the hall. I didn't reply since Kai was still in hearing distance from us.

I grabbed Ethan's hand and pulled him down the hall into the bathroom. Turning on the pipe, I turned to look at Ethan to see he was even more confused.

"I don't have much time to explain but Hazel as been hurt and I need to go save him. Rio mention something about some shot out and if I don't get to Hazel in time, it may be to late so I need you to stay here and keep Kai busy and don't mention anything. I will be back as soon as I can," I tried to explain as quickly as I could.

I watched as Ethan frowned as I told him about Hazel's condition. "But I want to go with you," he mumbled. I pulled him in for a hug. "No, it's not safe. I need you to be here. Your job is to keep Kai busy and unaware. Say I got to go grab something or check something. I got to go," I informed him as we pulled away from the hug. He nodded his head and I turned off the pipe before opening the door.