Chapter 21: Storm

Carl

The day after the saviors' visit

It was quiet.

Few people were out of their homes at this hour. It was still early, about 7:30 am. The only reason I was awake is because of Judith. She woke me up about an hour ago, and I was unable to fall back asleep.

So I saddled up and went for a walk toward Enid's house. When I left her last night, she was sitting on her porch steps. She dismissed me when I attempted to get her to go inside and rest, and I figured that she could just use some space.

I had a restless night. My thoughts were all set on Enid and how she was dealing with Maggie being gone. Did she finally go into the house? Was she sound asleep? Was she up all night crying? There was only one way to find out the answers. I had to go see her.

I made my way to Enid's house, preparing what I was going to say to her. I finally reached the house when I found Enid sitting there, in the same spot that I left her in, and wearing the same clothes that she was wearing yesterday. There was only one thing that was different.

Her hands and hair were drenched in blood and her clothes were ripped and dirty. Her eyes were directed toward the dark gray clouds that were above us.

"Enid?" I choked out.

She didn't look at me. Instead, she kept her eyes on the clouds.

"What happened to you?"

Still no answer.

I walked her way and knelt down in front of her. I put my hand on her cheek and moved her face toward mine. Our eyes met.

"Enid, what happened?" I said softly

I felt a raindrop on my head and looked up at the clouds. I think it's going to storm.

"Enid, you should go inside and get cleaned up. And anyway, I think it's about to storm.

She shook her head.

"I'm not going back in that house." she said with a scratchy voice.

"Why?"

"Not until I bring Maggie back."

I sighed after hearing these words.

"Enid, Negan took her. It was pure luck when Daryl escaped. And now he's a target. He almost died. And when I snuck into the sanctuary, I was caught. I was almost killed too." I tried to reason with her.

"Well, I'm not gonna get caught."

"Yeah, and I'm not gonna let you go." I fought back.

"You can't control me. I'm not your responsibility." She said whilst standing up and coming off the porch steps. I stood up too.

The rain was now coming down harder. The sky was dark for the early morning.

"That doesn't mean that I can't care about you, or that I can't love you." I said

I reached my hand out and took hers. The dirt was washing off of her hand from the rain.

Despite the blood and dirt, she looked utterly beautiful.

(The cheesy feels lol)

I've always admired that about Enid. She is the most beautiful girl that I've ever laid my eyes on. She was beautiful on the inside and out. I love her so much, and I hope she knows.

"I love you so much, Enid. I know I tell you a lot, but it's true."

"I know." she said. "And I love you too."

I pulled her close to me and kissed her forehead. I then moved to her soft lips.

We pulled away.

"You should still go inside and get cleaned up though." I told her.

Enid shook her head. "I don't want to go in that house."

"Were you out here all night?" I asked.

She nodded.

I sighed. "Okay. You can shower at my house. I'll go inside and get you clothes."

"Thank you." she said

"Of course."

                                                                   *********

Enid

I came out of the shower and wiped the mirror. I just stared at myself for a few seconds. How have I  managed to find someone who loves me in this world? The things that I have done, the people that I have killed, were okay with Carl. He didn't mind. But, yet again, he has done some of the same things himself.

I continued to stare. I have never really thought of myself as an attractive person. (btw I think that Katelyn/Enid is stunning. This is just for the story) I have always been in the shadow of my best friend when I used to go to school. She was this gorgeous girl that all the boys had a crush on, and all the girls wanted to be friends with. It was never like that for me. I got no attention from anyone. Not the other girls, not the boys.

It was different being on the opposite end now. Before Ron died, I had two boys practically fighting over me, and now Carl didn't like Damon because he thinks that he's attracted to me. I've been put in the center of everything. But, I mean, I am one of the only other teenage girls here. The boys don't have many other options.

I got dressed, brushed out my hair, and went downstairs to find Rick, Daryl, Michonne, Carl, and Damon in the kitchen. Daryl was speaking, but he was quiet, and I couldn't understand what he was saying. They all looked at me when I came down.

"Hey, Enid." Michonne said.

"Hi." I replied.

Rick spoke. "Listen, Daryl said that the saviors probably took Maggie to their sanctuary, threw her in a dark room with no windows, and are feeding her dog food sandwiches. They're probably gonna train her to be a soldier for Negan. It's either that, or they're gonna torture her into working for them."

I bowed my head, eager not to let a tear fall. It'll be okay. I'm going to get her back.

"Okay." I said, leaving the house.

The rain had stopped, and the sun was beginning to show itself through the clouds. I felt for my knife, making sure I still had it, and I began to walk to the wall. Luckily, Carl had also gotten my backpack when he got me clothes from my house this morning, so I had my rods. I used them to climb over the wall, and I headed to the hollow tree.

After taking down a few walkers and brushing bugs out of my face, I made it to me and Carl's 'spot'. I went to the crate that was beside the log that lay on the ground, remembering that we had kept two spare guns and extra bullets in it.

I opened it, and my face fell when I didn't see the guns. I then remembered that we used the guns when we were attacked by walkers whilst trying to get to Alexandria on the trees.

"Shit!" I yelled.

Suddenly I heard a male voice behind me.

"It's okay. I have a spare."

I quicky turned around and saw Damon holding a gun out to me. I took it.

"Thanks. . . what are you doing here?"

"I saw you come out here so I followed. What are you doing here. Why did you suddenly leave?" Damon asked.

I sighed. "I'm gonna go get Maggie."

Thank you for reading! I hope you enjoyed the chapter! What do you think will happen?
Will Damon try to stop Enid?
Will he go with her?
Will Carl show up?
Or will Enid not go at all?

Comment!
Vote!