Chapter 5: Behind the Tree

Enid's pov

Rick lowered his gun that was raised to where Dave's head was. Michonne gripped her sword tightly and Daryl pointed his crossbow at the trees in case any more saviors were there.

Carl just stood there, shocked, and I did the same.

Should I run? Should I try to get away from Carl which was my original intention?

Well, I ended up doing the opposite of that. I just needed comfort, needed someone to give me a reason to live. Carl was that person, and it may have took a near-death experience to make me realize this, but we still survived, just like we always do.

I looked at Rick, Daryl and Michonne, and then turned my head to look at Carl, who was already looking at me.

I quickly walked toward him and threw my arms around his neck. He hugged back, and this put me at ease.

We hugged for a few seconds until realizing that the others were watching. I disconnected me and Carl and I found a smile on his face. I couldn't help but do the same.

Carl's pov

Enid and I made eye contact for a few seconds until it started to get awkward, so I broke it and looked at my dad.

He wasn't even looking at us. He, Michonne, and Daryl were now all facing the opposite direction. My dad's gun was pointed at a tree and Michonne had her katana out and at the ready. Daryl already had his crossbow pointed at the trees, but now he was holding it more fierce and tight.

I must have missed something. There was clearly a sound that they heard which Enid and I didn't hear because of our hug. I guess that wouldn't have stopped us from hearing a loud footstep in the trees, but we were just caught up in the moment.

Daryl signaled to all of us and pointed at a tree a few meters in front of him.

"I saw some guy hide behind that tree" he warned us.

Now all of us drew our attention to that one spot. I took my gun back out of my holster and raised it, while Enid grabbed her knife. I got in front of her to protect her, when my dad spoke.

"Come out now, and maybe we won't kill you!"

There was a long silence, and no one came out from behind the tree. My dad clenched his teeth and spoke once more.

"Come out NOW!!" He demanded.

To this, a man who was about Daryl's height with a black bandana over his head stepped out from behind the tree with a gun raised at my dad's face.

This day just keeps getting better and better.

"What do you want?" My dad asked.

The man said nothing, and within seconds, men from all around us came out from behind trees and knocked each of us over the head, causing us to fall.

A man pushed me away from Enid, and kicked me in the gut, making me groan in pain. I could see a different man put a black sack over Enid's head and tie her hands behind her back.

They dragged her away from me, which made me huff and punch the guy who was kicking me. I got up and started to run toward her, but I lost my balance and fell back to the ground.

The guy jumped on top of me and shoved a sack over my head. Struggling to get away, another man came and forced my hands together as the other man tied them. I didn't see the others during all of this, for I was mainly worried about Enid.

I could imagine that the same thing happened to them, though. We are a strong group, but there were too many other saviors who took control over us. I was pulled to my feet and was thrusted forward with one man holding my arm.

After walking for a while, I was thrown into the back of a truck. I felt another body get shoved beside mine, and the door slammed shut.

I heard footsteps and laughing as the men walked beside the vehicle and into the driver and passenger seat.

As we were driving, we hit a bump, a big bump, and a girly squeal came from beside me as we both got lifted from the impact. I recognized the squeal to be Enid's.

"Enid?..... Are you okay? Did they hurt you?"