Chapter 11: Again

Carl's pov

I woke up at about 9:30 because today I was going to the Hilltop with Maggie and Enid. I dug in my drawers for a pair of jeans and a t-shirt and flannel. I threw on my boots and tied the laces tightly on my feet, then took the sheriffs hat off my night stand and placed it on my head.

I headed to the bathroom, brushing my teeth, soon realizing that I needed to go to the armory and reload my gun.

It was the same routine every day. Nothing ever changes. Unless, of course, someone dies, or runs away, or we get attacked by another group.

I guess it's not the same routine every day, then. Last night, I told my dad that I was going to the Hilltop with Enid and Maggie, and he didn't like the idea, but I managed to convince him.

I grabbed my knife and made my way over to the armory, as I did yesterday, and took some ammunition. After this, I went to Maggie and Enid's house and knocked on the door.

Maggie answered it. She was wearing her white, long sleeved shirt, jeans, boots, and the cap that she's been wearing since Glenn died.

"Hi Carl! Enid told me that you were joining us. Come in!"

She had a huge grin spreading across her face. Was she just really happy to get the baby checked?

I nodded and walked in. I went over to the couch and sat down, putting new bullets in the magazine. I handed some to Maggie and she did the same thing.

"Enid just went to the armory. She was grabbing some bullets too. We'll just tell her to save them when she comes back." Maggie told me.

"I was just there. I didn't see her there, or see her walking to it." I said.

Maggie shrugged. At that moment, Enid came bursting through the door. She looked in our direction and said "Oh! Hey Carl."

She moved her hair out of her face and pulled out some ammo.

"Here, Maggie" she handed it over to her, but Maggie put her hand up, rejecting it.

"Carl was just at the armory. He got us some already. We should save that" Maggie said.

Enid went to the coffee table that had her backpack sitting next to it. She bent over and slipped the bullets into one of the front pockets. She stood back up.

"Ok. Should we leave now or" Enid said dragging out the last word.

"Umm..." Maggie said while looking around, trying to find a clock. When she found one she said
"Yeah it's 10:30 and I don't know if we're spending the night at the Hilltop or coming back. We should go now incase we come back though."

Enid and I both nodded and Maggie and I stood up. We straightened out our clothes and I grabbed the bag that I brought. Enid threw her backpack over her shoulder.

The three of us walked outside and towards the gate. Tobin was there, so he opened the gate for us.

All of us, including Tobin and Rosita, who was on watch duty, stood there and stared at the sight that was before our eyes.

A few big trucks came rolling through the entrance, with a black truck leading them. That was Negan. I looked around, seeing people spew out of their houses, including my dad. Maggie ran out of sight because Negan still thought that she was dead. She only just came home from the Hilltop two weeks ago with Sasha. (I know some of this is different than the show but just bear with me here)

That left me and Enid. We backed up slowly. We knew that we were toast since we kind of killed some of Negan's people. Negan also wasn't supposed to come back for another few days to collect "half of our shit". He was early, so we knew that this was for something different.