Chapter 3: A Small Building

So this chapter is not going to be a long one, but I promise the next one will be longer.

Enid's pov

I slept by a tall tree last night; cold, hungry. I'm not gonna lie and say that I didn't wish I was still at Alexandria, but this was the best option for me.

Ever since Glenn died, I have not been the same. Him, Maggie and Carl were the only three people that I trusted. Now that one of them is gone, I cannot bare to lose the other two.

And Ron, well, he's just gonna have to live without me. He wouldn't understand, and I don't want him to.

I stopped when I spotted a river a few meters ahead of me. Although I brought some water with me from Alexandria, I thought that I should grab some for the future.

I walked over to it and took out an empty water bottle that I drank out of the night before, and filled it up to the top with the water from the river.

When it was full, I looked up and right in front of me, through the trees, I saw a building. It was small, but there might have been something in there that I could use.

I threw my bag over my shoulder and darted toward the building, to find a few people standing outside of it. It looked like they were about to leave, until a familiar looking boy turned his face to my direction.

I quickly hid behind a tree before the boy could notice me.

He wore a hat that I had seen before. Next to him was a built man with a crossbow over his shoulder. And next to him was a woman gripping onto a sword that she wore on her back. In the driver seat of the car was a man with a colt python on the windshield.

I know these people. I recognize Carl, Daryl, Michonne, and Rick. But for some reason, Carl was the only one that noticed me.

I heard him cry out "Enid!" And I began to run the opposite direction.

This was not my intention. I did not want to cross paths with the Alexandrians, and especially not Carl.

Soon enough, I heard footsteps, running footsteps, following me. I also heard a voice that sounded like Rick's yell "Carl where are you going?!"

Carl just kept running and so did I.

I ran toward the river that I had just got water from, and fell to the ground when I tripped over my own feet.

I turned my head over my shoulder. Carl was catching up. I quickly jumped back on my feet and dashed through the trees.

I heard Carl slowly getting closer to me. He was too fast, but there was no way I was gonna give up. I pushed myself to keep running.

Until, I felt a tug on my wrist.