His Curiosity

Today is Wednesday. It has only been two days, huh. I wonder how she feels right now. I know she's dissatisfied, but I won't go on my way to make her happy.

I looked at the answer sheet I gave her. It's full of correct answers. I looked at her, then at the paper again. "You actually understood all the lessons you read." I gasped. In only a span of 2 days?! Well, I can't actually underestimate the one who was entitled Asano II before. It's really a good thing that her skills aren't that rusty, even after some time where people forgot about this incident.

She sighed. I guess she's thinking that I was underestimating her. "Look." She said with a heavy and bold accent.

I showed her my open palm like I am not willing to listen to her story any further. "I know." I said. Which was true. I know that she was smart. What I gasped about the fact that she even took an effort to purposely fail her test. I know she has a reason. Maybe it was personal.

"What?!" She shouted. "No, you--"

"Oh? Am I wrong?" I asked with my usual stern and powerful voice. I was being too soft on her recently. It's time that I should put matters in my own hands and act as the real boss that I am. I am the best. I am Gakushuu Asano.

"... I'm not here because I want to." I know... You wouldn't possibly purposely fail just so you could be tutored.

"Neither am I." I also told her the truth, sighing. "But my father asked me to, and I'm in no position to refuse." I pinch the bridge of my nose and furrowed my eyebrows in utter frustration. This is one of the reasons why I hate my father. He forces me to do things against my will.

But... I'd like to thank him, even if it's just in my mind. Without him forcing me to become this troublemaker's tutor, I wouldn't have fun as much like this if it were any boring day.

"Yeah. I know." She stares at the ground. Why does she look down? "Hey, if we don't want to see each other, let's make a deal. No one would know the difference. You know how I manage to go and study by myself, don't you?"

I glanced at her. Was I being too much of a burden? Does she hate me that much to the point where she still doesn't want to see me? Did I do something wrong? I couldn't have!

"What, you hate seeing me that much?"

"But it was against your will to be here. Well, that was what you said anyway!" She protested.

Although I did say that, that doesn't mean that I would leave. If I didn't want to be here, I would use different tactics that will force me out without words. I stayed for a reason.

That reason is you dumbass.

"It was against my will to be your tutor. That was it. I never said I hated you nor hated to see you." I replied. "Now, if you hate my face that much, go on with your plan without me involved." I got a bit angry. Though I know that it isn't actually her fault.

"Asano..." She gulped. She's wearing that anxious face again. I narrowed my eyes at her. "Everything that had anything to do with me... your father commands you, right? You, being my private tutor, you, telling off the cleaners, you, taking me home because you dismiss me so late... It was all your father, isn't it?"

I just stared at her for a moment before I started speaking. "What if the only decision my father actually gave me was being your private tutor?"

"No way..." She's shocked, isn't she? It seems obvious enough. Her mouth is ajar and his eyes are opened up real wide. "Why...?"

Why?

That's an excellent question! Why? Why? Why did I do all those?

I frown at that thought, trying to figure out what the real reason actually is.

After much thinking, I couldn't get a proper answer out of it. I eventually gave up. This is not like me.

"I don't know." I whisper. It's pathetic how I heard it echo.

She sighed loudly. Oh, was she unsatisfied with my answer?

"What are you sighing there for?" I glared.

She jolted. She looks scared and nervous. "N-n-nothing... J-just... Can I be honest with you? Do you want to listen to my rants?"

She twirled her pen, waiting for my response. Are girls normally like this? Do they rant to random people or people they trust? I have thought for a moment before giving her a reply.

"Go." I demanded.

She said nothing in the first few seconds. She just stared at me like she was curious. I wouldn't say curiosity killed the cat to describe her. It's good to be curious in her case. That's how she learns.

"Happy." She uttered. I was taken back by surprise. I stared at her, blinking my eyes in confusion. Her eyes widened, then she covered her mouth. Was she embarrassed by her statement or my reaction regarding her statement? "I-I-I was just thinking what you'd look like i-if you were happy."

"If I were happy?" What kind of thing does she mean? So she was curious to see me genuinely happy all this time?

I'm curious about her curiosity... (-_-;;)

"You always look serious. It's like you never smile at all." Hm? Well... that's probably how most of the people see me then. Or maybe it was her own opinion?

She hangs her head low. "Do you have friends?"

"How rude." I was quick to reply, albeit with a sigh.

"A-ah, sorry! Do you... laugh or much less smile when with them?" What is she even fidgeting around for? I'm not going to eat her, I'm just showing her domination.

I stopped all of my movements to think about what she said. I unconsciously looked at the ceiling as I think.

I... do get happy, right? When I'm living in luxury, with all my friends who have the same status as me (although I am still going to top them no matter what)...

I do get happy when I always top everyone. The only one I should top now is my father... and that damn demon redhead!

That counts, right? Well, I never really paid attention to my emotions so I'll never know for sure.

"I do."

She shook her head. What kind of response was that? Did she see through me?

"Asano... Do you want to hang out sometime?"

"Are you asking me out on a date?"

She looks shocked. All her colors have been drained and what's left is a blank white sheet of paper... Like her test that time...

If she's shocked that that was what I think she was implying, does that mean I was wrong? Wait, what? I, The Great Gakushuu, am wrong? A lot of girls say that stuff to me so I wouldn't be surprised if Anju does the same but I was wrong? Has she even gone to a date before?

"Hm? Was I mistaken? I was even excited about it." True enough, that was what's in my mind. Getting to know her principles and ideology, her perspective of me and how it differs from other people, her way of getting to be friends with someone else... All those stuff... I'm curious. I really am.

"Don't joke about that." She sighed.

I wasn't joking though. It's a shame she didn't actually mean it that way. Hmph.

"Hurry up and answer this." I pointed at the textbook, trying to divert her attention away from me. If I make too many mistakes, I prefer it that no one, especially her, would see me.

"Yeah, yeah." She nodded, answering the book like an obedient little puppy.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~~•~•~•~

A/N: Thank you, irmik100 for being the one who gave me a reason to keep updating. I'll try and update as fast as possible for readers like you who enjoy this story of mine. (^w^)~~ ❤