His Overtime

"No cleaners again, this time..." She whispered.

I answer all the seat works and questions in this thick, heavy textbook that I always bring when I'm with her, with Anju Rika.

"1+1?" I asked to divert her attention away about the fact that there are no cleaners again this time. The real reason why there are no cleaners is because I asked them to go so that Rika's reputation wouldn't get tarnished because of me. If someone sees her getting tutored by me, they will hate Rika because they will believe she only passed because I'm always with her until dusk, tutoring her until she gets sleepy and tired.

"2." She immediately answered without a moment's doubt nor hesitation. She sounds like a robot. Is she used to this kind of treatment?

She stopped reading altogether and silence came dawning in. For some reason, since she stopped what she was doing, I got uncomfortable. There was the usual silence, but isn't comfortable to me now.

Thankfully, I hear heavy and rushed footsteps charging at this very classroom. Looks like they were the cleaners yesterday.

"Asano!" One shouted. I have been waiting for him to snap yesterday. Too bad he had to go home, right? "Where are the cleaners?!"

"I told them to wait for me to exit." I answered coolly, if I do say so myself, shutting the book with one hand.

He glared at me. Hmph. What's his problem? And I glared back...

"Yesterday, we left because you took so long." The guy glances at Anju. His gaze is soft yet demanding. Anju seems like she doesn't know what's going on. I don't blame her though. This guy right here has no reputation, and is easily forgotten. To think that he would call me out like that... what a bold approach. "Is she the reason?" He eyed Anju like trash that he's about to throw out. Why are you looking at her like that? Do you want me to throw you out?

"So what if she is?" I glared more because this is about Anju. Though I doubt that they will know the subtle difference. Translation: don't look at her with those eyes or I'll tear your eyeballs apart!

"Are you perhaps tutoring her?" I said don't look at her with those eyes! "Do you know what will happen if the Principal knows?" He smirked. What an idiot. As if telling my old man about this situation will do something.

I glance at Anju. She looks worried, She fidgets around a lot. She fidgets more and more as the seconds tick by. Just what is this girl thinking?

"Anju." I called out to snap her back to reality. "You're putting up an anxious face."

"Ah... sorry." She said as she puts her focus back to the book.

"As for you," I turned to the annoying guy. I'm angry. He makes it seem like Anju is the bad guy. He flinched as I glare. "If you have no business here, I suggest you leave before I force you to clean this classroom spotless. Alone. If I see a single speck of dust, I'll have you lick it like you will lick my shoes as if your life depends on it."

He left... He ran as far and fast as his feet can take him.

I focused at my book again, sighing exasperatedly in my soul. I glanced at Anju, who seems concerned. She knows that she shouldn't pry in, and she made an effort to do just that, but still, she has been forced to join since that annoying guy talked crap about her. Later, I will give him a punishment so ruthless he can't say a thing about Anju ever again. Not with that mouth of his!

"Now." I said to catch her attention. "Because you put up an anxious face earlier, I'll dismiss you at 7."

I smirked as she glances at the wall clock. She might have noticed the time now...

"Damn you, jerk." She gritted her teeth. It's so fun making her angry. I'd prefer to see that face more than anything, especially when she's anxious. I swear I wouldn't need to see that face again. I don't want her to feel bad...

So I smile. She wouldn't have to worry about a thing if I did right?

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~•

A/N: I'M REALLY SORRY. It's been a really long time since I last updated. So I rushed this. I might have errors here and there. I didn't check for errors yet. I wanted to give you guys a reason to keep on reading even if the updates are so slow. Again, I'm really really sorry!