Ch.8: Getting help

Chapter 8:

"Who is this?" Sherlock questions, eyeing the man in front of him warily.

The mystery man smirks at him,"Crowley is the name. Now, I don't recall ever meeting you two." He glances to the Winchesters with a cheeky smile,"Are you going to introduce us?"

Sam sighs heavily,"Sherlock, John, this is Crowley, once leader of Hell. Crowley, this is consulting detective Sherlock Holmes, and his partner Doctor John Watson."

Crowley eyes them with interest,"Lovely. This should be interesting."

"Enough of the chatter," Dean interrupts,"We need your help."

Crowley smirks at him,"Can't stay away, can you?"

Dean glares at him hotly while Sam steps in. "We need you to find our friend. She is missing and you might be our only shot at finding her."

"Who is the lass?" Crowley asks as he looks around the room. He is surprised to find that the Winchesters have left their country.

"Sara Knightly- or she was also know as Serona Knight. Have you heard of her?"

Crowley's smile falls and his body visibly freezes. He gulps and quickly smiles again at the brothers,"Can't say that I have-"

"You're lying," Sherlock interrupts. "You know who she is."

Crowley glares at him before sighing,"Yes. I know of Serona." He then mumbles,"Every bloody demon knows her."

"Has she made any appearances lately?" John questions.

Crowley shakes his head,"No. I, along with everyone else, had thought that she died centuries ago." He runs his hand through his hair,"This is troubling."

"We know she is dangerous, that is why we want to find her," Sherlock explains,"She is different from how she used to be. We-"

Crowley chuckles weakly,"She can't change what she is. She may have acted differently to you lot but inside she is still the same as me."

A silence falls over the room.

Sam gulps,"W-What do you mean by 'like me'?"

Crowley frowns at them,"You didn't know? Serona is a demon, well part demon."

~

Now in the living room, the humans and vampire wait for Crowley to explain. The demon had refused to tell them anymore unless they released him from the demon trap and showed him some hospitality. So now Crowley sits in Sherlock's chair and sips from some tea John begrudgingly made him.

"You have your tea, now explain!" Sherlock snaps from his spot by the fireplace.

Crowley sets his cup down,"Alright." He laces his hands together on his lap. "From what I know, Serona Knight was born from a powerful demon and a vampire centuries ago, the first and only demon hybrid. Not much else is known except that she was incredibly powerful and caused some mischief in Hell."

"Why is she so different from you?" Sherlock questions,"You are scared of her. Why? You should be more powerful than her since you are full demon, yes?"

Crowley shakes his head,"All humans sent to hell eventually become like me. That is how demons are made. Serona however, was born from a demon, something that shouldn't be possible. She was born with centuries of malice and hatred running through her veins, demonic and vampire powers. She never had to be broken down, and tortured like us demons. All of that makes her a much stronger and dangerous being."

Sherlock looks down at his hands,'That is why we are so different from the vampires Sam and Dean are accustomed to. Sara's heritage must have made us into a new breed of vampire... maybe even passing on some demonic traces.' Sherlock feels his breath catch as a thought pops in his head. 'W-what if that was what made Tom so insane, so evil?' he quickly pushes away he dark thought,'No. No, Tom was demented from the very beginning. He killed Eurus decades before he ever met Sara.' He tells himself this ...but at the back of his mind an uneasy feeling of doubt grows. Rosie and himself are now vampires ...What if something happens to them eventually?

A sudden knock at the door snaps Sherlock out of his reverie. John leaves to get it and soon comes back with his daughter in his arms. "Mrs.Hudson forgot that she had to be somewhere," He mutters as he quickly hands Rosie off to Sherlock, still uneasy being too close to his vampire child.

Rosie frowns as her father moves to sit across the room, but her attention is soon brought to the stranger in the room.

Crowley smiles at the young girl,"Who is this?"

Rosie narrows her eyes at him suspiciously and snuggles closer to Sherlock.

"Her name is Rosie, she is John's daughter," Sherlock explains.

Crowley studies her for a moment then glances up at Sherlock,"Serona has done a number on you lot. Poor child."

Sherlock glares at him,"Sara didn't change us willingly."

"Maybe not, but she is the cause for it happening."

Sam steps in before Sherlock attacks the demon. "You owe us, Crowley. Now, find Sara," He orders.

The demon sighs and stands. "Fine. I can't guarantee how long it will take, but I will keep you posted." He winks cheekily at Rosie and then disappears.

"Who that?" Rosie asks Sherlock softly.

He rubs her back soothingly,"No one, darling. Are you hungry? Did you behave well for Mrs.Hudson?" He asks as he walks into the kitchen.

She nods,"She wanted to take me on a walk, but I said I didn't feel well."

Sherlock smiles and sets her on a chair,"Good girl." He opens the fridge and searches for a canister of blood.

He hates that they have to wait more, but he knows that this is their best chance at finding Sara. He just hopes that she will try to hold on to her humanity until they can find her. If she were to revert to her old self... he is unsure of the consequences. But Sherlock knows for a fact that he will not let anyone hurt her. Even if he has to fight against his brother and John, he knows in his heart that he will do anything to keep her safe.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Sorry for the wait and the short chapter, but I live in Florida so we are currently preparing for Hurricane Irma. It might be awhile until I can post again, but I will try to get the next chapter out next week like usual :)

Comment!

Vote!

Fan!