Ch. 7: Hello boys

Chapter 7:

John stares at his daughter from across the room in 221b. He has his arms crossed and a concerned look on his face. Sherlock is sitting on the couch with Rosie next to him, he is watching over her as she takes her first sips of human blood.

John turns away, unable to watch his little girl drink blood. Sam places a comforting hand on his shoulder and nods at the kitchen,"I made some tea- well I heated up the water," Sam clears his throat and smiles awkwardly,"I'm not used to tea that's not in a can. Anyway, want some?"

A small smile works it's way onto John's lips,"I'd love some."

Rosie watches with a frown as they walk into the kitchen. "...Why is daddy acting weird?"

Sherlock sighs and grabs her tiny hands,"Rosie... Things are... a bit complicated now. You are different now. John is just trying to come to terms with it." He is unsure how much a two year old will be able to comprehend, but she is a smart young girl, and she doesn't have much of a choice. Rosie is a vampire now, and she will have to deal with that for the rest of her long life.

It has not even been twenty-four hours since Tom's death and Sara's disappearing act. Sherlock has wanted nothing more than to go after his girlfriend, but he can't. His friend needs him more than ever right now, it wouldn't be right to leave.

Rosie is the youngest vampire ever turned, there are many challenges that will come because of this. For starters, vampires age quite a bit slower than humans. Rosie will most likely stay a toddler for years to come if she follows in Sara's footsteps. The vampiress claims to be over 300 years old, though it has never been proven.

Sherlock stands as he hears his brother enter the building. "Mrs.Hudson!" He shouts for his landlady.

A moment later the door to the flat opens and in walks Mycroft followed by Mrs.Hudson.

"No need to shout, Sherlock," The woman tuts. She glances around and smiles at the familiar faces of Sam and Dean. Over the past week she has grown a liking to the Americans.

"Would you mind watching Rosie for a little while?" Sherlock asks nicely, knowing from experience the woman will do almost anything if you ask politely. He eyes his brother as he moves to sit in his armchair.

Mrs Hudson smiles brightly,"Of course! I love watching over the little angel."

Before letting Rosie leave, Sherlock bends down to her height and whispers,"Remember to drink this when you feel hungry, and do not go into the sunlight."

Rosie holds her thermos of blood tightly to her chest and nods like a good girl. Sherlock gives her a warm smile before handing her off to the landlady.

Mycroft lets out a long sigh as soon as the door shuts. "Another thing on my list that I need to take care of." He rubs at his eyes, tired from lack of sleep. He as spent the last ten hours making calls and dealing with the aftermath of all the shit his older brother has caused. He has also spent a large portion of the night searching for Sara, she is a national threat at this point. Mycroft cannot afford to take this lightly, not after the ordeal with Thomas.

"Have you found her?" Sherlock questions his older brother.

Mycroft shakes his head,"Gone without a trace, much like Thomas did before."

Sherlock growls and starts pacing around the room in frustration. "We need to find her! She isn't thinking straight. She could get hurt."

Mycroft chuckles weakly,"Oh Sherlock, I highly doubt she would be the one getting hurt."

Sam suddenly stalks toward the Englishman. "Tell us about Sara's past," he demands.

Mycroft looks confused,"What has that got to do with-"