Chapter 38: 5.21.1 Two Minutes to Midnight

Start from the beginning

    Below that photo had been another. Her hair was moved to the side, exposing the back of her neck. There was a hole, almost as if she had been stabbed, but it was  the marking that the blade had left that they knew all too well.

    "Bobby...she shouldn't even be alive," Sam muttered. He looked up towards the immobilized Hunter. "She was stabbed through the neck with an angel blade. Her Grace can't save her from a weapon like that."

    "So, then why, after a week and a half of being dead, did she suddenly come back to life? Who or what brought her back?"

    Sam shrugged. "Beats me. Joshua told us that God was done saving her and obviously it wasn't Michael since he's  most likely the one that killed her. I can't think of anyone who would bring her back. Heaven sees her as an enemy," Sam replied. Bobby sighed and nodded, his gaze shifting over to the blonde. She turned onto her back in discomfort before her eyebrows furrowed. Her eyes fluttered open a moment later. "You're awake," Sam said with a smile. She nodded groggily and reached up to rub her eyes but stopped, cringing.

    "Take it easy, girl," Bobby said. "You just came back to life and you're still pretty beat up. You need to rest." Cassandra managed to sit up and shook her head, her tongue swiping across her lips before she let out a huff.

    "No, I need to kill something." She leaned her head back on the couch and closed her eyes, struggling to catch her breath. "God, I was so stupid to actually believe—"

    "Cassandra, stop," Sam interrupted. She turned her head towards him. "We're not mad. We're worried. You're a mess. You need to allow yourself to rest. And stop beating yourself up over this. He played you. It's what angels do."

    "I know why he took Adam."

    Bobby wheeled closer to the couch, arching an eyebrow at her.

    "Adam has Winchester blood. He's suitable to be a vessel. Dean won't say yes but Adam will. He's not strong enough to hold out as long as Dean would. He'll give in. I know it. Especially when Michael feeds him bullshit about me," Cassandra explained. Sam and Bobby exchanged glances. "I don't know for sure, but it's the only thing that makes sense."

    "Dammit," Sam hissed.

    "Look, we're back to square one. All of our plans have failed unless there's something you haven't told me yet. I want to fight. I want my revenge on that bastard so tell me how we can get it. Dean says you guys spoke to Gabriel before Lucifer killed him. What'd he say?"

    Bobby and Sam exchanged reluctant glances. Cassandra caught on, looking between the two with raised eyebrows. Sam shook his head, almost as if they were communicating telepathically. "Dean said—"

    "I don't care what Dean said," Bobby snapped. "She needs to know. Gabriel left it for her. She needs to see it."

    "See what?" the blonde questioned warily. Sam sighed and looked back to the Nephilim.

    "Before Gabriel confronted Lucifer he gave us a DVD. It told us a way to lock Lucifer up instead of killing me." Cassandra leaned forward slightly, intrigued. "He also gave us another DVD that was meant specifically for you.  We didn't watch it yet but I know Dean wanted to wait to tell you. I guess he just thought that you weren't ready yet."

    "'Not ready'?" Cassandra repeated in disbelief.

    "You just came back to life, Cassandra. You're still shaken up and jumpy. We don't want to put too much on your plate," Sam defended.

    "Sam, this is the Apocalypse we're talking about. My sanity doesn't matter. What the hell did Gabriel say?"

    Sam only sighed and got up, making his way over to the liquor cabinet and pulling out a DVD. Cassandra arched an eyebrow at him and he shrugged. "You don't drink. It seemed like the best place," Sam said. She rolled her eyes and slowly got up, walking over to the Hunter and snatching the DVD from his hands. She turned it over in her grasp before looking back up to him.