Chapter 36: 5.18.1 Point of No Return

Start from the beginning

"Dean? You okay, boy?" Bobby asked. He looked over to the older Hunter and nodded, sucking in a sharp breath. "She'll come around. She's just mad right now." Dean shook his head and grabbed the third unopened beer bottle from the table and popped the cap off.

"No, Bobby, I don't think she will this time. I think we've lost her for good."

Sam and Bobby exchanged glances before taking a sip of their beers, looking away sadly. They hated to lose Cassandra like this but if it meant winning this war then it was the only way.

Exactly five days later Cassandra Moore awoke to another presence in the panic room, but this time it wasn't willingly. She faced the wall against her bed as she tried to recognize the breathing pattern but after a complete minute she found that couldn't. Furrowing her eyebrows she turned over to see Dean handcuffed to a bed across from her, his body leaning against the wall. She arched a single eyebrow.

"The fuck did you do?"

Dean glanced over to the Nephilim and rolled his eyes.

"No, seriously. How'd you get locked up in here? Piss off Sam upstairs with your sulking?"

Dean narrowed his eyes at the blonde. "You're a real bitch, you know that?"

"So I've been told," she deadpanned. "But really. What happened?"

Dean glanced away, slightly tugging on the handcuff. "I tried saying yes," he grumbled. Cassandra stared back at him blankly for a moment, her lips parted slightly in shock, before she started to laugh. Dean shot a glare towards her and she stopped immediately upon realizing he was serious. Her eyebrows rose.

"Wait. Seriously? After everything we've been through in the past week you decide to go and say yes to Michael? Are you kidding me?" the blonde shrieked. Dean scoffed and shook his head, looking away. "You're a real hypocrite, you know that?"

"So I've been told," he grumbled. Cassandra leaned back against the wall, crossing her arms over her chest as she took in the appearance of the Winchester. He had a busted lip, similar to hers, except this one looked fresh. He had a few bruises scattered around his face along with a cut across his cheekbone and she could tell that his torso hurt every time he moved.

"What happened to you?"

"Cas happened."

An amused smile stretched across Cassandra's lips and she laughed. "What, you and your boyfriend go at it too hard in the bedroom?" Dean rolled his eyes again, throwing his head back and groaning. "He found out what you were doing, didn't he? He tried stopping you."

"Yep."

"Damn. Remind me not piss him off."

"You've already done so. In fact, you've managed to piss off everyone who cares for you. You're throwing everything away for what, a small chance at having a family that's blood related to you? Family don't start in blood, Cassy, and it don't end there either. I don't get what's so special about Michael to you. Great, you're biologically and celestially related to him. Doesn't mean he's really your family." Dean's voice rose with each word and Cassandra only leaned back, staring at the Hunter blankly. "You're throwing away a relationship and a small chance of a normal life for him."

"Honestly, Dean, part of me was hoping you'd say yes. If you had said it just a week earlier then we would've been able to have a normal life together. We'd take down Lucifer, Michael would fix you and make you as good as new, he'd take my Grace for safe keeping, and then we could go and live normal lives. We'd have a white-picket fence, and a dog, and a couple of kids. You'd be a mechanic and I'd be a therapist or a psychiatrist. And you threw that away for what? A little sliver of dignity? Well, guess what, big shot; you just lost all of it for nothing," Cassandra sneered, leaning forward in her bed. "So next time you want to play hero, pick the right time to do it."