Chapter 35: "God, please....just kill me already."

ابدأ من البداية

"Please, Sam, just leave. I want to be alone," Cassandra whispered, tracing invisible patterns onto the striped sheets. The Hunter frowned slightly but nodded, abiding by her wishes.

"I'd eat before your food gets cold. I know how much you hate cold burgers and fries." Sam started to leave but stopped, his hand resting on the side of the iron door. He turned to look at the blonde whose grip on the pillow tightened when she didn't hear footsteps. "Dean still loves you, Cassandra. We all do. I hope you know that."

"Get out!" she screamed, sitting up and twisting around to throw the pillow across the room at Sam. Her chest heaved with anger as she watched him retreat from the panic room. The door slammed shut behind him and she waited until she heard the door to the basement close to glance over at the food.

Cassandra threw her legs over the edge of the bed and grabbed the glass of soda, throwing it with full force across the room. It crashed into the wall and shattered into a million pieces, the plate following shortly behind. She let out a frustrated scream and spun around, banging her fist against the wall above her head in anger multiple times before the rage turned to tears. She rested her forehead against the wall, breathing in deeply and letting her eyes flutter closed as she attempted to calm down before she broke anything else she may need.

"I just want to be normal," she whispered. She turned her head, still leaning against the wall before support, and focused her gaze on the door as she sunk to her knees on the matress. "I want it to be over. God, please, just let it be over. Just kill me already. I'm eight years over my deadline."

Dean pressed himself against the door to the panic room, making sure that Cassandra couldn't see him through the slit that they kept open to check on her every now and then. He let a tear slip down his cheek and leaned against the door, slowly sliding to the ground and pulling his knees to his chest. He made sure to keep quiet so that she wouldn't know he was there. He had seen and heard her outburst with Sam in the room and he knew that everything his brother said had been right.

A minute later Dean could hear a soft whimper turn into a choked sob. He knew that she was biting the pillow, desperately trying to silence her sobs. He wanted nothing more in that moment than to walk in there and hold her until she fell asleep, assuring her that everything would be okay with time. But he knew he couldn't do that. She didn't want to see him and she wouldn't let him anywhere near her let alone to touch her.

Cassandra had managed to distance herself from Dean after she opened up to him about the night in the alley, but he never really had time to think about the story as their fight directly after is what consumed his mind constantly.

Dean's phone buzzed and he didn't seem to notice it but Cassandra fell quiet, sitting up and staring at the door with bloodshot, puffy, red eyes. She sniffed and narrowed her eyes at the door.

"Sam, get out. I don't even want to feel your presence. I hate you," Cassandra sneered. "I hate all of you."

Another tear escaped and Dean leaned his head back against the door, clenching his eyes shut. It was silent for a few moments and Dean was starting to wonder if she had fallen asleep. Then he heard her bare feet pad against the smooth cement and iron floor, going as far as the chains would allow her. She tried to peek through the slit but she was too far to be able to see anything other than the staircase. She let out a defeated huff a moment later and walked back to the bed, laying down on it with her leg hanging off the edge and the pillow clutched to her chest.

Dean knew that they most likely couldn't repair their relationship after this no matter how much they tried. There was too much broken trust between them, not to mention the fact that they wouldn't even have time to fix what was broken. Even if the Apocalypse went their way they both knew that someone wouldn't be making it out of it. Neither of them were ever that lucky.