I'm Trying

The two of them stood across from each other in the middle of the woods. Y/N was new to being a werewolf, Scott changing her after a bad accident, and with the day's drawing closer to her first full moon she needed to get some sort of control. Brett and Y/N had been friends for a long time and lovers almost as long. There was a constant back and forth between them, loving each other then pushing each other away, but they always came back to each other. It certainly wasn't a healthy relationship but it was theirs. They had been at it for hours but nothing Brett did made her angry, she had amazing control over her anger and just brushed it off.

"Come on you need to let yourself get angry or something, anything, let yourself feel!"

"I'm trying!"

"No you aren't! You are holding back. The only reason Scott is having me do this is because he thought you would be more comfortable with me but you aren't even trying! You are a new werewolf and the full moon is right around the corner. You will be stronger than everyone else and if you can't control yourself you will hurt someone. Maybe even kill them. So you need to keep trying and try harder because if you don't you'll regret it. So let's go again. Get angry."

"Maybe 'angry' isn't working for me."

"Well then I guess we will have to try something else to get your heart rate up," Brett took a few long strides towards her, putting a hand on each side of her face he pulled her into a deep kiss. The kiss was long and deep and heart stopping and Brett could hear her heartbeat rising. He could feel her claws dig into his wrists where she held him. He pulled away, his eyes glowing a bright yellow, taking a deep breath they changed back and he looked at Y/N. "Try it. The Sun, The Moon, The Truth. Calmly and think of an anchor if you think that will help." Y/N's mind wandered to Brett as she closed her eyes.

"The Sun, The Moon, The Truth."

"Good, again."

"The Sun, The Moon, The Truth."

"Keep going. Think of your anchor. Think about them whispering the words in your ear as you say them out loud." Y/N felt Brett's presence behind her a hand on each of her arms pulling her body close to his.

"The Sun." Brett placed his lips next to her ear and continued her phrase.

"The Moon." Y/N turned around in his embrace finishing the mantra with her lips close to his.

"The Truth." She opened her eyes, her human eyes. Her hands were on the back of Brett's neck and she couldn't see a single claw and she had felt her fangs disappear soon after she started the exercise. "I did it." Her lips still dangerously close to Brett's.

"Yeah, you did. I'm proud of you."

"Well it's all thanks to a great anchor." Y/N kissed him, pulling him close, never wanting to let go of a good friend, a great lover, and an amazing anchor.