All the Cuddles

The light shining through my eyelids was what pulled me out of my much needed sleep. The baby wasn't crying.. I guess he hadn't woken up yet..

A heavy sigh from behind me brought to my attention that Sasuke was completely spooning me.. Then as I realized that I couldn't feel any fabric between us, the memories of the night before flashed at the back of my mind..

I pulled the covers up to cover my bare chest just in time for me to be startled by a tall figure passing into my field of view, my eyes shot open quickly.

"Oh good you're up!" The voice of Temari chirped. I quickly looked around to see if Shikamaru was near by, my heart rate settling when the coast was clear..

"What are you doing here..?" I groaned, the iron grip Sasuke had on my upper body tightening as he was being pulled from his slumber.

"Woah looks like you two had some fun last night!" She said. Temari and Shikamaru had spare keys to our house, with Temari and I being so close and Sasuke and Shikamaru working so close together it was easier for them to be able to come and go as they pleased.
"Shikamaru had some paperwork to drop off, we thought you'd be up by now.. I guess I solved the mystery as to why.. Mitsuki's up and playing with Shikadai in the living room." She explained, leaning against the doorframe.

I heard an aggravated groan come from the heavy heat source behind me, I pat his bare thigh under the blanket to tell him kindly to shut up, he just buried his face in my hair with a grunt.

"Thanks for that.." I said though a yawn. "We needed a good morning to sleep in.." I said, getting comfortable on my pillow again.

"Baby not sleeping well?" She asked.

"He has night terrors.." I groaned. She nodded in pity.

"Well, Hinata and I were just about to get together so the boys could have a play date, I could take Mitsuki with me if you want?" She asked, giving me a slight smile.

"Oh no you don't have to do that.." I started to say but the deep groggy voice behind me interrupted.

"Take him.."

"Sasuke.." I said.

"And shut the curtains on your way out.." He growled.

"Well.. Someone's grumpy.." Temari said, stepping around the bed to close the curtains. "Ugh.. Sasuke your ass is hanging out.." She said in a disgusted tone.

"I'm sure you've seen an ass before.." Sasuke grumbled, his voice muffed by how close he was pressed into the back of my neck.

"Thank you Temari.. I'll make it up to you I promise.." I said, my voice slurring from exhaustion.

"No need.. It takes a village right?" She said, winking at me as she left our bedroom. "Now you two get back to making more Uchiha's!" She called down the hall and I laughed turning to lay on my back.

"Hmm.. Now that's an idea.." The naked body beside me mumbled, starting to kiss at my jaw line.

"Stop it.. You know you're too tired.." I said, crossing my arms.

"Yeah you're right.." He sighed in defeat, we listened to the front door close and lock, left alone in our oddly peaceful house.

~*~

A few hours later I couldn't just lay in bed anymore.. So I got up and threw on a robe, encouraging Sasuke to at least put on some underwear.. Which he did before laying right back down.

I was in the kitchen, washing dishes when I heard my front door unlock and someone enter my home. I turned to see Temari with my sleepy eyed child in one arm and hers who was in an identical state in the other.

"Look who's finally up!" She said cheerfully, setting Mitsuki down so he could run to me. "They were both turning into little raptors.. They played hard so he should be pretty tired." She said, I looked down to see Mitsuki rubbing one eye while looking around the room for something. "Well I better get this one home.." She said bouncing Shikadai a little. We said our goodbyes and I thanked her once again.

After the door closed behind her Mitsuki started to whine. "Hey shh.. You can see them again soon.." I said, but he wasn't listening to me, he was making his way into the living room to look on the couch. "Hey boy.. what are you looking for?" I asked, following him. I reached into his diaper bag and pulled out his favorite toy. "This?" I asked handing it to him, he only whined, throwing the toy on the ground and running past my legs and around me, heading to the bedrooms. "Mitsuki!"

He looked in his bedroom, didn't find what he wanted, then headed towards Sasuke and I's room. I had shut the door earlier when Sasuke decided he'd wanted to sleep more because I was planning on vacuuming later.. The obstruction that was the closed door frustrated the very tired Mitsuki, so he turned to look at me, whimpering with tears filling his eyes. I opened the door for him and he made a b-line towards our bed.

Once he reached it the urgency in his whines increased as he reached to try and get on the bed. "Mitsuki you really need to start sleeping in your own bed more.." I said picking him up, he fought as hard as he could to get to the bed, so with a sigh of defeat I set him on it. He immediately crawled to Sasuke, who was snoring slightly as he laid on his back, bare chest exposed.

Mitsuki crawled onto Sasuke's chest, burning his head under his chin and sighing in relief, and giving me a sour look..

The movement woke up the sleeping Uchiha just long enough for him to figure out what had caused it. As soon as he saw Mitsuki cuddled up to him he sighed, placing his hand on the baby's back and stroking it with his thumb before closing his eyes again.

I smiled at the sweet scene, taking a picture in my mind before exiting the room and closing the door behind me.