Ramen

Sasuke's POV

Naruto, Shikamaru, Temari and I all gathered here at Ichiraku.. It was the first time in a while that Naruto had enough free time to be able to spend some time away from his work.. Luis was out on a mission with her father again, now that she was confident in my abilities in child care, she was finally allowing herself to accept missions again.

So the four of us decided to have lunch in celebration of everyone's free day. Mitsuki sat on my right thigh as I bounced him a little, I'd discovered he didn't like his stroller very much if it wasn't moving..

"So how's the little guy adjusting?" Temari asked me, leaning to see around Shikamaru.

"He seems happy enough.. He loves Luis but I don't think he's so sure about me yet.." I said taking the end of my sleeve to wipe a bit of dried milk away from the corner of his mouth, which he did not appreciate.. Letting out an agitated whine.

"Well if you didn't have to act so scary all the time he'd have a better time warming up to you.." Naruto said with a smirk, reaching out to tickle little Mitsuki's foot. "Isn't that right?" He asked him, earning a big smile and a little giggle from the blue haired child.

"He looks like he's around Boruto and Shikadai's age.. You and Luis should bring him to a play date sometime!" Temari said enthusiastically, as the kind old man set our ramen down in front of us one by one.

"Yeah speaking of.. Where is Shikadai? I thought you were bringing him?" I asked, taking a slurp of my noodles.

"He's with my parents.. My mom insisted she needed some 'grandbaby time'.." Shikamaru with a small laugh, taking a slurp of his ramen as well.

"I heard Gaara's looking at adoption.. That true?" Naruto asked Temari, a look of excitement on his face.

"Yeah he started the process today actually! We're all pretty proud of him!" She said, putting a hand on her husbands knee as she said this.

"That's great! I'll be sure to write him letting him know I'm rooting for him.." Naruto said, his gaze shifting back to the child on my thigh. "He seems pretty interested in your ramen Sasuke.." He said with amusement as Mitsuki watched me slurp a few noodles with fascination.

The little guy then started to squirm and whine, looking up at me and reaching for the bowl on the counter in front of him. I chuckled. "No you don't want that.. Here you want your juice?" I asked, digging in the bag Luis had packed for him, pulling out his sippy cup.

He took it from my hand, which ceased his whining for about .3 seconds before he purposefully dropped it, reaching for the bowl again. "Oh fine.." I sighed in defeat, picking up the dropped sippy cup. "But if you spit it out on me we're going to have problems.." Mitsuki was a very picky eater.. He wasn't one to really like a lot of flavor, Luis had tried feeding him lots of flavorful fattening foods when we were trying to get some meat on him, but all he really seemed to like was porridge and watered down apple juice or milk.. So the chances of him liking the salty, rich taste of ramen was slim..

I spooned just enough of the broth to give him just a taste, making sure to thoroughly blow on it before positioning it at his lips. He eagerly opened his mouth as wide as he could, scrunching up his nose to make his face big enough, taking the bit of broth into his mouth. He sucked his lips a little, scrunching his face as he decided whether or not he was going to spit this out or see it though..

"Whatdaya think kid..?" I asked him, bouncing my leg a little, he looked up at me and gave me a big two toothed smile with a happy giggle.

"That's right! No nephew of mine could turn down Ichiraku Ramen!"