"There are entances all through the mundane world." I tell her.

"You just have to know where to look." Meliorn adds.

"Why did we have to come here to find my father?" Clary asks.

"Because of your neckalace." Meliorn explains and realization hits. 

"You've had the portal here the whole time." I whisper under my breath.

"What portal?" Jace ask beside me. I remember I never told him I only told Alec.

"What does my necklace have to do with this?" Clary asks.

"It's a portal shard." Meliorn says vagily.

"Tell us something we don't know." Jace says looking around making sure no one followed us.

"How does it work?" Meliorn asks.

"When I touch the crystal and I think of someone, I can see where they are." Clary explains.

"I'm curious, Shadowhunters, who know so much about portals, did you ever wonder why this portal shard doesn't behave the way normal portals do?" Meliorn says and I don't speak up because I already know what it is. I see Jace roll his eyes and Clary look at him and I confused so I speak up now.

"Normal portals can only take you to places you've been." I explain.

"I guess I never really thought of it." Jace says dodging a tree.

"I see Isabelle is the smart one in the family." Meliorn speaks and I chuckle, Jace glares at me and I just shrug. "Your portal shard works the way it does because-" I cut him off.

"It's a piece of a portal from a different dimension." I say and he everyone looks at me weird. "Yes I already know I've know since you've shown it to me Jace." I explain.

"And you didn't bother telling us the truth!" He says stiffly. I open my mouth but close it right away. "You told Alec didn't you." I just nod and he is about to say something but Clary steps in.

"Okay so its from another dimension. You're saying there's a portal in some other universe that can take us to anyone if we just think of them?" She asks Meliorn.

"Precisely. If you can find the only portal still standing in that dimension, it will take you to your father." Meliorn explains to Clary and starts walking again. "These trees are where the alternate dimensions intersect the Seelie realm." Says when we reach a tree that looks like it is going to fall any day. 

"How is it possible that the Clave doesn't know about your dimensional doorways?" Jace says and I laugh.

"Really!? It's the Seelie Queen's court Jace. She knows how to hide things." I tell him.

"They are our most guarded secret. We are their protectors. Only Seelies know of their existence." Meliorn says.

"Then why are you telling us?" Clary asks him.

"I owe you and Elizabeth a life debt... and I don't like being indebted to anyone." He says back and I cross my arms over my chest.

"What would happen if-" Clary starts but Meliorn cuts her off.

"If the Seelie Queen finds out I've shared this with you?" He looks to the ground and my eyes widen.

"You're risking execution just to not be indebted to Clary and I?" I ask surprised, he just nods and I let out a sigh. "Well, we'll all be extra careful then."

"There is no "all" in the scenario. Only you and Clary go in to find the portal. My debt is to you two." Meliorn says.

"You've given us no reason to trust you, Seelie." Jace fires at Meliorn.