Chapter 2: Mate Combat

Beginne am Anfang

If I become a beast myself.

Darius pulls Ian hands off me in one swift movement and then throws a fist at his arcade bone.

I shift into my wolf in crazy speed, and knock down a lot of furniture in the process. But I succeed in my intention: Darius' is so surprised by my shift, that he forgot all about Ian.

The crowd is now too loud for comprehension. Some people scream and make place for my big white wolf, while others run to help Ian and Darius. I have just made an open attack on a pack's Alpha and, normally, such offenders don't end up to well afterwards.

I see Ian knocked down on the floor and it infuriates me to realize this "meet-the-family" project has ended even worse than the worst scenario I imagined.

"Patrick King's daughter? Wasn't she the leader of the Havoc Clan?"

"She sure was..." he crowd disapproves. 

I see they still resent my childhood dismeanors. Well, to hell with it. I deserve all of it.

I might as well defend my rebel status.

Now my green wolf eyes meet with Darius' and I growl at him menacingly, ready to attack.

"Alpha, shift!" I hear Derek warn him.

But Darius isn't afraid at all. He stands still, looking at me with some sort of amusement and... satisfaction.

What is wrong with him?

"Alpha, what do you want us do?" his men ask.

Darius just lifts his hand to silence them, still smirking at me in all his masculine glory.

"If that's how you want it to go down, little wolfie," he approaches me and pets my muzzle, unaffected by my snarling, "I'm all in." And then he runs to the door and shifts into a huge black wolf the moment he is out of the house.

I follow him out, having difficulties moving in such a small space.

He stands in a fight-ready position, ready to devour me. Well... we'll just see about that.

"Lily, stop!" my Dad yells running out of the house, a large crowd along with him.

I am the first one to attack. I lunge at him full force, trying to bite his arm, but he manages to evade my attack at the last moment.

He shakes his wolf head, as if amused, and slowly circles around me, trying to test my combat style.

Well, you big black wolf, I wasn't born yesterday.

I fake movements, leading him to think I have slow left reflexes, manipulating him to attack my strongest side. Then I move my legs backwards every now and then, trying to make him mistake me for a defender, instead of an offender type.

My plan works brilliantly.

Darius' wolf attacks my left side in super-fast speed and I miss his teeth by only half an inch. I manage to do it, though, and while he is still surprised by the outcome, I lunge at him straight ahead, not giving him time to rebound, and he ends up knocked down on the ground.