Forty - One: Would Have to Wait

What is anyone supposed to you when their sibling has lost their mind? What can you possibly do? What do you do when they threaten to kill you? What do you do when they tell you that you will die and it will be soon?

You do nothing.

At least that is what I did. My mind could not fathom the painful truth that my sister had turned into something of a monster. Mother always warned that one of us would turn into something even the moon goddess would never me able to control.

I always did think that I would be the one to turn evil, to be the one to kill for no reason. I have to admit though knowing I am not the one makes me feel a whole lot better but seeing Elena act the total opposite of what she really is as a person hurts to see. I don't remember a time where Elena was anything close to being a mean person. She was the kindest soul I knew. Why would she be the one to turn into... into this beast.

Elena let go of my throat. I laid there gazing up fazed and stunned at what I had just witnessed.

"I'll be leaving now. Luther is waiting for his little princess back home." Elena told us. Her sinister voice sounding nothing like her own. What had happened to her? I hoped the really Elena was still in there... somewhere.

Elena started for the door. Elena stopped all of a sudden and looked at all of us. "Oh and baby sister since you're the one in charge I have a message to deliver to you. Prepare yourself and your pack. War is coming." She continued her pursuit out of the house and to wherever Luther was awaiting her return.

Vincent growled as a few of the guards held him back from following her. I couldn't imagine what he was feeling right now.

Talon was soon beside me helping me up. The scratching on my neck healed already. I ran my fingers through my tossed hair.

"Mia you have to warn everyone and you have to do it now. Get everyone ready." He told me. I stood there staring still in some kind of trance.

"But I don't know how to prepare for war or anything."

"You won't have to."

It was that voice. I didn't have to look up I knew who it was. That shiver I hadn't felt in ages reappear sending me to cloud nine. My eyes shined silver for a split second as I slowly raised my gaze. Leandor was standing there in all of his glory.

"How... but you were just..." Talon said, his mouth hanging open.

"What just about dead? I know." Leandor boosted walking in as if he had just woken up from sleep not coming back from the brink of death.

"Do you think it's true? That we are going to have to prepare... for war?" Kyle said appearing out of nowhere. Or was he always in the room?

Everyone looked at one another. None of us wanted to admit the truth and the deafening silence was an answer that shut us all up. War was on the horizon and everyone could see it coming.

~•~•~•~•~•~•~•~

I had made my way back up to the room Leandor and I shared. I walked into marble bathroom finally taking a look at myself in the mirror. I starred at myself wondering when was the last time I had a normal day.

I began to think about everything that had happened the last couple days. How Elena and I were captured. How Elena was raped. Meeting the rogues, and Wyatt. Finding out that Leandor's parents had something to do with my parents' death everything that has happened has been a disaster.

And then it happened. A crippling sob escaped the back of my throat. I started chocking on the inescapable pain of fighting the urge to actually scream my cries of frustration and agony. I had lost everything. I had nothing now. No family.