Valentine's day.

I know it's not February but I wanted to do this. The poem Connor wrote was inspired by one written by my friend.

I was sitting in my bed room hitting my head against the wall. today's date was February 13th and I had promised himself that tomorrow would be the day I would tell the boy of my dreams, Evan Hansen, how I felt. Now I'm not good with feelings, so expressing them was a huge no.

I could say something like "I mean I'm kinda dumb and my hair doesn't alway look great but I can make you laugh and I'm good at petting animals so why not date me?" no I can't say that. My hair always looks amazing.

"Connor! Dinner!" I sighed and went down stairs. This was going to be harder than I thought.

~Evan's pov~

"Connor Murphy?! Are you fucking serious Evan?!"

"What? what's wrong with Connor?"

"Dude. He's the definition of horrible human being!"

"shut up Jared!"

"You really like him don't you?"

"I do. Now, will you please help me!?"

"Sure. For $200."

"I have 20."

"I'll take it but you're an ass. What have you came up with so far?"

"Promise not to laugh?"

"Ablouslutly not."

"I thought of... if nothing lasts forever can I be your nothing?"

"Damn. That is fucking desperate."

"Well! um uh... Your short!"

"Did you just try to insult me? that was the cutest insult I've ever heard."

"How?!"

"one it came from you and I can't take anyone who owns a pair of boxers with trees on them seriously-"

"How did you know about those?"

"I didn't I just guessed. Second, you calling me short is actualy a compliment because you wish there was more of me."

"Whatever! just help me!"

"You could say something like do you have a name or can I call you mine?"

"what? no. I know his name."

"Jesus Christ Evan!"

"Sorry!"

"okay you could say if I were to ask you out on a date, would your answer be the same as the one to this question? No, wait. That's too smooth for you to pull off."

"Maybe I could just... I dunno..."

"Whatever you say, man. I gotta go. But good luck." Jared then signed off skype leaving me alone. Jared wasn't my first choice in this kind of thing but he was all I had so better than nothing. I just wish I could actually talk to Connor. It would make my life so much easier.

~time skip to when school started brought to you by life liberty and the pursuit of happy meals.~

I slammed the lock on my locker. This damned thing never works! I shook the lock for like 5 minutes before it finally opened. As I opened the Metal door a small folded up price of loose leaf fell by my feet. I leaned down and picked it up to see it was actually a note. It read:

Dear evan hansen,

Roses are red violets are blue
I'm crying in a McDonalds parking lot
Date me. I have a butter knife.

Sincerely me.

Well that was disconcerting..... I guess? It was probably a prank by Jared.

P.s. This is not a prank by Jared. He's too dumb to have been able to come up with this. Also if he tried to pull something like this I'd strangle him.

Okay well it's not Jared. No one else cares enough to even try something like this. Maybe I should hunt this person down. What's the worst that can happen? It is a prank and I become the laughing stock of the school for a day. Wait that's terrifying. I'm not gonna respond to the note at all. I wouldn't even know how to respond. It's probably some joke anyway.

~time skip brought to you by trees. That's it. Just trees.~

"Dude! You got a note! And you didn't respond?!"

"Well.... yeah. It's probably a joke."

"Evan! You are a fucking idiot! You go to the closet McDonalds right now and look for this guy! He clearly likes you!"

"I dunno Jared. I will if you come with me."

"He said he'd strangle me!"

"You don't even know it's a he. It could be a she."

"Who cares. You are bisexual right!"

"Well yeah but-"

"Great! I'll drive you!"

~little baby time skip~

"Jared jared jared stop the car."

"It's just Connor Murphy. Not your secret admirer. Let's go to the next one."

"We should at least try."

"You can do what ever you want." I hesitated but got out of the car. I went up to Connor a forced a weak smile.

"H-h-hey."

"Did you get my note?"

"You wrote that?!"

"Yeah. I thought it was kinda obvious. I did sign it."

"No you didn't." I took the not from my pocket and showed him the poem on the front. At that moment I felt really stupid though, on the back his name was written sloppily in pencil. "Oh.... well thanks."

"You liked it?"

"Yeah. It was nice. First love letter I've ever received."

"Really. Well I've written thousands just never had the balls to give you any of them. I actually had to get high just to give this to you. That's probably why it was so weird."

"Oh. So you were high. So You don't actually have a knife do you?" Connor then dug in his pocket and produced a butter knife. I laughed a little. "Why do you have that?"

"Never leave the house without protection. I also have condoms but that's different. This was just the first stabby thing I saw."

"Uh huh. So...."

"So. Um in my note I may have asked you if you wanted to go out with me. Do you happen to have an answer to that question?"

"I do as a matter a fact."

"Oh yeah?"

"Yeah I do."

"Does that answer happen to be yes?"

"It does."

And that was the best Valentine's Day either of them had ever had.

I'm so sorry this is short and I haven't updated in a while. Also I know this is really bad so sorry about that. I've just been really really busy. I'm sorry.