Three

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

A loud crash echoes through the hall. Both Logan's and Bronco's attention jumps to the closed door of the study. Their conversation quickly halts as they listen out for more sounds of violence. The sound of a glass object shattering reaches their ears followed by low angry words. Skyrah standing by the main entrance gasps and moves towards the study, Logan reaches out and grabs her arm shaking his head quickly. Her eyes widen as she hears another thud from within the study. Logan pulls her towards him and rubs her arm.

"Should you not see what is going on?" She speaks in a hushed tone, aware that the two brothers are remaining silent for a reason.

"No." Logan replies and she pulls a face at the one word answer.

Bronco smiles and whispers an explanation, "We do not interfere in Wolfe and Sparrow's marriage. If either of them wished to hurt the other they would have. Until we hear a grunt or shout of pain we do not need to interfere."

"They do this often?" She asks alarmed, her short brown hair swinging at chin level as she looks between them both.

Bronco shakes his head. "No, this does not happen often. Tension has been building up recently, they have not been speaking and the pot was bound to blow at some point."

"How do you know that?" Logan asks, brows furrowing. Bronco raises his.

"It has been rather obvious; how do you know?" Bronco turns it back on him.

"Both Wolfe and Sparrow told me." Logan answers, looking a little guilty. 

Skyrah looks between them and laughs softly."I thought you said that you do not interfere with their marriage." She reminds, amusement shining in her eyes.

Another object causes a thud and all three look towards the door. Footsteps sound and it opens with force, slamming back against the wall beside it. Sparrow stalks out, thunderclouds gathering above her head, lightning sparking down in quick bursts. She falters when she sees that their argument had an audience. Her eyes slide to Logan and she immediately shakes her head. Wolfe strides out after her.

"We are not finished." He declares loudly and harshly. His next words choke in his throat when he sees his brothers and Skyrah.

Sparrow's shoulders hunch up as she turns to face him. "I refuse to fight with you any longer."

"Then do not! I would much prefer it if you actually spoke to me as a human being." Wolfe bites out. "I simply want to know why you have suddenly distanced yourself from me."

Sparrow takes a step back, the distance growing between them literally and figuratively. "I have told you already, I need time and I need space. I should have known that would be impossible considering how you decided to court me." She hisses.

Skyrah tugs on Logan's sleeve. "Perhaps we should leave." She suggests not wishing to make the situation any more awkward for the angry couple.

Sparrow's shoulders hunch up further when she is once again reminded that this dispute is not only between her and Wolfe. "No need. I am leaving myself." She states her voice struggling to remain calm as she answers Skyrah.

"Sparrow." Wolfe says her name warningly.

"Wolfe." Logan steps forward between the two of them. "Please listen to my advice. Give her time and space. She will tell you what is bothering her when she is ready." Sparrow squeezes her eyes shut touched that Logan would step in but knowing his words will only cause Wolfe more annoyance.

Wolfe considers the words slowly. "She has spoken to you. I should have known; you two have been keeping secrets from the very beginning. Why would she not have told you instead of me with what she is struggling with? As your older brother and as your Lord I order you to tell me what she told you."