Seven

Vote ~ Comment ~ Enjoy!

A Glimpse into the Past

Beautiful.

Beautiful is all he can think as he watches her.

She bends over, clutching her stomach tightly as a peel of high pitched giggles erupt from her mouth. Her cheeks redden as she gasps for air, trying to calm down enough to breathe naturally. The moment she reins it back in she starts again, catching a quick inhale in that brief moment of control. The boys standing around her grin, their eyes alight with attraction. She is the sun and they bask in her rays. Only one looks a little uncomfortable being the one she is laughing about. She notices his downcast expression and this time truly finds control. She smiles sweetly at him and assures him that he has made her day and he must tell her more.

He brightens considerably.

Bear watches from a distance wondering at what point what he is doing will be considered creepy. He has probably already crossed that line but he cannot help himself as he only wants to watch her. He is safe here. She will never notice him. She never does, even with him in plain sight. He wishes he had it in him to go and speak to her.

"Have you not considered that a simple hello would suffice?" Bear rolls his eyes, not bothering to turn to the intruder on his thoughts. Wolfe leans against the tree beside him, his lean teenage body relaxed. "I could come with you if you wish. Speak for you if you get tongue tied." Bear grimaces at the idea, finally glancing at his brother's cheerful face. Wolfe raises an eyebrow. "No?"

"No." Bear affirms.

"Why not?"

"What are you doing here?" Bear asks as he turns and walks in the opposite direction of the girl. Wolfe falls into step beside him.

"I am taking a well-deserved break. Surely one day you are going to introduce yourself so that she knows that you exist."

"Perhaps." Bear says with a shrug of the shoulders. His action implies he cares neither way but Wolfe scoffs, knowing his brother better than that. Bear sighs. "When I finally decide to risk a snub you will not be there to watch me fail, nor to steal her attention."

Wolfe chuckles much to Bear's annoyance. "She does not care for me. I have been called arrogant and ignorant from her very mouth. Trust me; out of the two of us she will like you more."

Bear stops and studies his brother. "You spoke to her when I expressly asked you not to?"

"I had already spoken to her before your command was given. I broke no rule," Wolfe replies.

Bear keeps striding forward intending to ignore his brother. Wolfe grabs his shoulder and forces him to stop. Bear's gaze flickers to him again, frowning when he sees Wolfe murmuring a countdown. "What are you...?"

"Wolfe!" Bear audibly groans when her sweet voice meets his ears, and calling his brother's name of all things! He tries to shake off his brother's hand but the grip is tight. Bear glares at him but Wolfe's attention has already been redirected to the girl. "I came to apologise for my rude words last time we met. They were out of order, true but out of order." She smiles. Wolfe laughs.

"All is forgiven. I deserved it." Bear grinds his teeth at the flirtatious tone of his brother's. He will make sure that Wolfe pays later on for this uncomfortable situation. "I do not believe that you have met my twin brother. Christine, this is Bear." He tugs on Bear's shoulder making him turn to face her. She smiles, displaying a row of straight white teeth. Bear for the first moment is speechless due to inability rather than choice.