Chapter 35 - Divine Rapture

Sorry about the wait. I hope you all enjoy this final chapter...

Epilogue and Afterward coming soon.

Thank you all so much for joining me on this journey.

xo - Andrea

Chapter 35.

Ashlyn's P.O.V.

One.

Two.

Three.

Wake up.

I blink a couple of times, slowly at first as I try to adjust my eyes to the blinding white surrounding me.

The sun streams into the temple, reflecting off the snow covering the ground outside.

The room is illuminated in gleaming white as the marble floor and columns of the temple shine under the dazzling rays of light.

The room is beautiful, pristine, like a literal interpretation of a clean slate.

A small smile forms on my lips as I realize I'm still alive, that a new day has dawned and I'm here to see it.

The pain in my stomach has disappeared and when I look down at myself I discover that my destroyed prom dress has disappeared. Instead, my body is covered by a simple floor length gown of silver satin. And when I reach up to run a hand through my fiery curls, I feel something metallic resting atop my head.

I remove the unfamiliar object and study it in my hands. It's a beautiful wreath of silver leaves, olive leaves...I think.

My brow furrows a little and I slowly rise to my feet, staring out at the temple as I stand on the large stone base.

Our objects have disappeared, my bow and arrows have vanished.

Something certainly happened, that's for sure.

I hear people stirring behind me and turn to face the group.

The scene I find myself witnessing looks like something from the painting of an old master. Possibly Pre-Raphaelite, with the gorgeous pastel tones and array of figures.

Everyone is clothed similar to me, the girls are all in different shades of the silver dress I'm wearing, the boys are all draped in tunics, a silver or gold wreath resting atop their heads.

Andrew grins at me and gets up, looking golden and glorious in the sunlight, a stark contrast to my silvery self.

The sun and moon, that's certainly us.

"We did it." Andrew says to me, joy apparent in his voice.

I nod, "I'm not entirely sure what we did, but I feel so much better."

Selina and Damian lock eyes with each other before Selina plants a loving kiss on her boyfriends' lips. Marco helps Laura up, and the rest of my peers stare in wonder at the situation we've found ourselves in.

"Oh, my gosh...what did I miss?"

My eyes widen and my mouth almost drops as I watch one last figure rise from the ground.

Radiant and healthy, dressed in pure white with a green wreath on her head of auburn hair.

Is Amber.

I rush over to her and capture her in a hug, locking my arms around her and refusing to let go.

"You're alive!" I gasp, feeling tears of joy sprouting in the corners of my eyes.