Chapter 13 - The Oracular God

Start from the beginning

I know I wasn't exactly given a time limit, but sooner rather than later seems like a good idea in the scheme of things.

"So, how are we going to tell Selina and Damian, before anything reckless happens with their powers. The fact that everyone around Selina is falling in love seems suspicious enough, even to someone who isn't in the know." I ask, as we approach the wrought iron gate leading into my garden. We come to a stop outside of it.

"It's a Saturday night." Andrew answers, "If they're up to their usual routine, they'll probably be at Cyprus."

My eyes widen, "Cyprus? The Greek island Cyprus? That's more than a few hours from here..."

Andrew laughs and shakes his head, "It's a club, Amber."

I roll my eyes.

"You've got to be kidding me."

"What?"

"The fact that she might be Aphrodite makes the name of that club even more fitting...It's the place that Aphrodite came ashore when she was born."

"Oh..." Andrew sniggers a little, "You mean when she was born from Ouranos' cut- "

"SAY NO MORE!" I shout, slamming my hand over his mouth before he can finish his sentence.

I drop my arm and he bursts out laughing as countless inappropriate thought begin to bubble to the surface. I know the myth; I understand the humor.

"Come on, we've got to be mature about this!"

Andrew nods, clenching his sides as he calms himself down. "Ok, ok...Sorry about that!"

"All good. Anyway, if they're likely to be at Cyprus tonight we're probably going to have to find them." I add, dreading the thought of another night out. I'm still exhausted.

"You really want to go out again?" He asks.

I sigh, "It's got to be done. I'd appreciate the company, but if you can't make it, I completely understand."

Andrew shakes his head, "Don't worry about it, I'll be there. I might be able to figure out my own abilities when we're there. Are we going to let everyone else in on it?"

I lace my fingers around the cold iron as I consider my options. Whilst Emma is sweet, I don't know how her powers will help, same with Callia. Ashlyn is always a good ally; I probably require Laura's mind reading skills and Lyke may come in handy.

"Extend an invite to Ashlyn. I'll let Laura and Lyke know. I don't think it's necessary to invite everyone."

Andrew nods, "Seems wise. I'm sure Ash would love to come, as much as she hates to admit it, she can be a socialite when she wants. Don't tell her I said that though..."

I grin, "Ooh! I've got something to hold above your head now!"

"Aww, whatever Amber! I'd better head home then. Shall we meet up at mine or yours."

"Mine will be fine." I answer, unlatching the gate.

"See you at nine then."

"Sounds good!" I reply, "Also, thanks so much for today, I really appreciated the tour."

He flashes me a heart melting smile in response, "Don't mention it. I'll see you in a few hours."

I nod, giving him a quick wave as he turns and continues his run down the track, back to his own place.

Once he's out of sight I step through the gate and pull the latch to shut it, before trudging up the pebbled pathway to the main entrance of the house.