Five: A Bath

Zeron heard a female's battle cry somewhere in the distance. He tensed up. Was there another rogue attack in his territory? He tried to sense their presence, but there were no rogues. And then he heard another roar, but now he could make it out from the castle.

What the fuck?

"Raymond, what the hell did you do?" he barked.

His Beta turned around and gave him a shrug. "I've heard she carried Alpha blood in her veins, so I let Bertha take care of her. I'm sure our Luna can handle Bertha."

"You gave her Birdie?" Killian shrieked. "What were you thinking, Ray? She gives me the creeps. This one time, she came into my room and started laughing like she was possessed." He proceeded to shudder. "I didn't sleep that night."

Raymond smiled sadistically as he draped an arm around Killian's shoulders. "Oh, cheer up. I'm just making sure she's good enough for our older brother. A Luna must be strong."

"But Birdie will scar her. She needs to be stopped!" Killian looked at Zeron. "Z, you have to go save the Luna. What if Birdie goes crazy and takes her soul or something? I don't trust her, she reminds me of granny."

Well, he did have a point. Their grandmother was a force to be reckoned with.

"You two, take over with the training," Zeron directed. "Train for an hour and then come for dinner." He paused, narrowing his gaze on both of his brothers. His head was pounding with distemper and an urge to commit violence. "Any part of that you fuck up, the both of you don't have to worry about breathing again."

"But I never did anything! It's Ray who's stupid."

"I'm stupid? Come on, you don't even know how to count."

Killian glared at him. "One, two, three."

Raymond smirked. "I bet that's all you know."

"Shut up," Zeron growled this time, losing his patience. His body went alarmingly rigid, and he knew he would be shaking for release very soon. "What are you, children? Even pups have more brains than you. It's called common sense. Common. Fucking. Sense." He knew from the way his youngest brother tensed up, Zeron was going to lose it. He was at that threshold already. What the fuck could he say? Every little thing was enough to set him off, especially because he no longer had a soul to restrain his violent desires. With nothing to hold him back, well, he didn't hold back. "Get your asses back in there and train or I'll devour you both. I already warned you once not to screw with me. Do you know what happens when you do? I get hungry."

And he thought eating two souls would keep him going for a while.

"I won't let you down," said Killian, his voice soft and earnest. He knew not to press Zeron even more. Without another word, he headed toward the warriors with a broad smile on his face. He could be a little immature, but he saw life in everything. He tried to make the most of it, and even if he'd lived many years through dark battles with Zeron, Killian was the light. He never saw wrong in anything. His soul was everything pure and innocent. That was why everyone loved him.

"Brother's pet," Raymond muttered before following behind.

Now that his brothers took over, Zeron decided to see what the screaming was about. He had some idea, and it had to do with his mate's stubbornness. But the problem was, the castle keeper was also stubborn as hell. Raymond probably told Bertha that her Alpha commanded her to do whatever shit Raymond made up. And as gullible as Bertha was, she probably believed all of it.

When he reached the castle, he heard more struggling sounds and crashes. What kind of a fucking war was brewing up in his castle? He stormed through the halls until he was inside Reina's room and inside the bathroom. "What the hell is all this commotion about?" he demanded. But then he saw what was going on.