Chp 5: Different sides

Start from the beginning

"Ha. Ha." Paul laughed sarcastically, feeling offended. Daryl noticed the younger man's expression and managed to control himself.

"Erm, sorry *chuckles* this was just the weirdest shit I've witnessed in a while. I mean, look at ya."

Paul sighed then lowered his head. "Yeah, I know. I've just always had a fear of spiders. Now please kill the damn thing" Daryl nodded then stepped into the shower and slammed his palm on the eight legged bug, making Paul cringe.

"Thanks." He said. Face bright red from embarrassment.

"S'nothin." He replied walking to the sink "Jus don't scare me like that again. Sounded like you were gettin attacked in ere."

"Good thing I got caught up in this thing" Paul chuckled, looking down at the shower curtain which covered the lower half of his body. "Or you'd get a bigger fright. Just... For a different reason.
Daryl brought his attention back to the younger man, confused at first. Then realisation hit. He felt his cheeks burn up at the sight of Paul's bare chest and v line showing just above the curtain.
His stomach turned and he went to leave before his dick misbehaved.

______________

The meeting went somewhat well until Gregory began to complain about Aaron and Eric living here, getting on everyone's nerves once again. "There will be no room if more of your people choose to stay." He argued.
"There is room." Maggie said. "We made sure of that."

"What do ya even do around ere'  besides sittin' on yer ass all day?" Daryl growled, making Gregory shift in his seat uncomfortably. "Mm that's right. Maybe you should stop throwin' orders around until you learn how to run shit, do real work for once!"

"I've been the leader of Hilltop since the beginning, and I'm not going to let some filthy redneck tell me how to do my job." The old man said smugly. Rick tightly grabbed onto Daryl's wrist in case his anger got the best of him. Paul sent a firing glare towards Gregory, making him chuckle and shake his head as he noticed the young man's reaction.

"I guess everyone best be leaving now." Gregory said, waving his hand towards the doorway. "Except you, Jesus." With that, Rick, Maggie and Daryl headed off. Daryl glanced back at Paul before closing the door, seeing how fired up he looked over Gregory's rude remark. He then went and followed Rick and Maggie to join the others outside.

"Jesus, I don't know how many times I need to say this" Gregory started. "But do you honestly think anyone in that group would lift a finger for you? Why do you even bother defending these people, let alone risk your life for them like you did in war? You almost died saving that one eyed kid and got a stab wound protecting that out of control redneck. I swear, Rick needs to put that dog on a leash."

"I want you to stop right there."
Paul snapped, walking closer.
"First of all, it's my choice whether or not to help Ricks group, it's none of your concern what happens to me, it never mattered to you before and secondly, the people I nearly died for are named Carl and Daryl. They're good people and you had no right to speak to Daryl like a piece of shit. He's worth more than what you make him out to be." Gregory shook his head.

"It seems to me you have feelings for this man." He said with a look of disgust. "Just keep this in mind, they all only want you around because they can rely on your skills. I can see right through Rick, he would sacrifice you for anyone." He added as Paul stormed away.

"Keep telling yourself that." He muttered before slamming the door behind him on the way out.
As he left the Barrington house, the Alexandrians were gathered near the RV, saying their goodbyes to Maggie, Aaron, Eric and Daryl. Paul watched from a distance, not wanting to interfere. That's how it felt to him. He watched as Maggie swung her arms around Rick and Michonne then pulled Carl in a tight hug afterwards, he watched as Daryl did the same then took Judith from Rosita, holding the toddler close and smiling at her like she was the most precious thing in the world. It made Paul wonder if Daryl was ever a father. He could defiantly picture him as a one and knowing that children brightened the man's mood did things to his heart.

"What are you smiling at?" Paul turned around to see Tara approaching him grinning ear to ear.
"Nothing?" Tara scoffed at his response and moved her attention over to the group, then looked back over to Paul with a knowing smirk.
"Daryl's good with her, isn't he?"
Paul's face heated up little.

"Yeah. Never picked him to be a 'kid guy' to be honest. It's nice seeing this side of him."

"Oh my god, Jesus." Tara chuckled. "You are falling haard..."

"Am not!" He said, sightly pushing her with one hand. "I find him cute and everything but I haven't fallen."

"Sure, sure. Your face defiantly doesn't show it." Paul rolled his eyes at her sarcasm.

"He's probably straighter than a flag poll, Tara."

"Or he could be Gayer than the two of us combined." She joked. "You never know."

----------------------
Yes, this is a late update but I was working on like 5 different presentations and really didn't have the mental strength to write a somewhat decent chapter. I hope this one was worth the wait. I decided to put a bit of humor in this one to make up for my absence.
Let me know how y'all are liking this so far. Xx